- 11.

Another shot whizzed through the room, missing her by mere centimeters.

Maybe the hunters would be able to help her and take her back to her home, but how did she know Seokjin wasn't telling the truth? She didn't, and with the impression the hunters were leaving, she wasn't too sure staying back to find out was much of an option.

Whether she liked it or not, she had to go with Seokjin. It was less than ideal, especially since he's the one she doesn't want to be anywhere near, but between the known and the unknown, she knew she had better survival odds with the smiling murderer-slash-potential mythical being.

"Wednesday, you better scoot that little ass through this window right now and quit your inner monologuing," Seokjin hissed from the other side, his brows scrunched, "You have about five seconds before they bust through that door and make you a horror picture for people with trypophobia."

Reluctantly giving in, she clambered onto the counter and squeezed through the broken window, careful to avoid the miniature shards. Within a nanosecond of her feet touching the fire escape, the front door to Seokjin's apartment was kicked in with a loud bang. Hyosung yelped, scrambling down the fire escape, her bare feet scratching against the rusty iron flakes of the stairs. With eyes widened in alarm, she helplessly glanced around trying to find a way down when a voice rang out below her.

"Hey, down here," With his arms open wide and his chin jutted upwards, Seokjin grinned at her, the gesture was loose and full of ease, "I'll catch you!... Probably."

She didn't trust this man as far as she could throw him, and now she was expected to trust him enough to literally jump into the arms of her kidnapper? Not a chance in—

Her own thoughts were cut off as another bullet whistled past her. The luxury to weigh out her options or even acknowledge how fucking bizarre this entire situation was had long since passed. She truly had become the textbook definition of being stuck between a hard place and a rock.

Clenching her jaw and squeezing her eyes shut, every muscle in her body coiled with an immeasurable amount of distress and she stepped forward in one fluid motion, off the edge of the fire escape. A squeal got caught in her throat as the wind rushed through her hair, but as soon as she started falling, it wasn't even a full second later that her descend was halted by large hands clutching at her ribs, catching her before she collided with the concrete below. She gasped, opening her eyes to see Seokjin raise his eyebrows before releasing her entirely.

"Well, what do you know? I actually caught you." He mused. Before she had a chance to respond, the shots resounded louder, echoing in the alley they were in. Hyosung flinched, but Seokjin merely sighed before wordlessly clutching her wrist, dragging her along as he ran, taking a sharp turn down one of the connecting alleyways.

Hyosung had to stretch her legs to just keep up with him, her balance fumbling and her feet stinging from the loose rubble, debris, and glass that she was trying her best not to step in. She wanted to scream, to make any audible noise to alleviate the weight of hysteria grouping in her chest, but she knew that if she opened her mouth, she was probably going to throw up from the sheer amount of adrenaline that coursed through her body.

She could hear the yelling and gunfire of the Hunters behind her when Seokjin yanked her down another alley, nudging her against the wall so she wasn't in the way of any rogue bullets. Her chest heaved, each breath felt painful, like it was about to burst her lungs. Her eyes were widened to their maximum capacity as she stared up at Seokjin, who seemed rather serene in comparison, his tongue wedged between his lips and eyes squinted as he lazily filled up the chamber of his own firearm.

"Are you shitting me? Why haven't you used that already!" She hissed, her verbs virtually intangible.

Seokjin's expression dulled as he eyed her flatly, "Did you not hear me when I said there's no fun in using these things? Besides..." He cleared his throat, averting his eyes as his words become a low mumble, "I don't have a good aim."