•o n e•

•c h a p t e r~o n e•

c h a p t e r~o n e

     "I can't believe you're the Queen of the Underworld."

I push my hair behind my ear, a small smile taking its place on my face.

It's been over a year and five months, and still I couldn't believe it either. My life had changed quickly and swiftly, but in one of the best ways possible.

I glance down at the ruby stone that glittered brightly underneath the suns rays, placed on my ring finger, surrounded by gold intricate designs.

"Yeah," I let out a soft breath, "I can't believe it either."

Alyssa sends me a soft smile, her eyes dropping to my ring. "And lucky you are, also."

Soon after the death of Hades' brother, Alyssa was released. She truly didn't have any connection to Mount Olympus.

If you didn't count her beloved, Ares.

After I explained to Hades how Ares had 'lost' the one he most loved, and did not harm me, he spared his life. And later on, Alyssa was reunited with Ares.

Shock didn't even cover how I felt. But I was truly happy that she was happy.

"Oh, pretty soon you'll be locked down just like me. Trust me." I giggle, patting her leg gently.

She scoffs playfully, "Yeah, locked down. Me? Never."

"Okay, I'm free for the rest of the day!" A voice rings out from behind us before the person it belonged to sat down between Aly and I.

Desa stretches out on the grass, laying onto her back. "What're you doing for tomorrow, birthday queen?"

I shrug, the thought of my birthday far from the depths of my mind.

Aly grins, her eyes sparkling mischievously, "Girl, we're going out. We have to!"

I glance at her incredulously, "With or without ten or so bodyguard meatheads?" I touch a flowers petals gently, in awe as it leans into my hand. "Including the other ten that'll be following you," I add, amusement lingering in my tone.

She stands suddenly, clapping her hands in excitement. "It's settled! We'll go to that new spa that just opened. I hear it's the best, and get our manis and pedis on, maybe a few skin enhancements, our hair and wax our v-"

"M'kay, but when are we doing all of this because I'm pretty sure Hades wants me all to himself. He promised to make this week up to me."