•f i v e•

•c h a p t e r~f i v e•

     "Rayna, I'm not going to speak to you about my sex life."

We were back in the palace, and the Underworld was bustling like Walmart in Black Friday. Hades got back to work, and it was similar to the times before my birthday.

She makes a 'tsk' sound with her teeth, handing a woman an apple wrapped in cloth.

"Prude." She comments.

I gape at her, smacking the small piece of cloth I had in my hand at her arm. "Hey, I am not."

"Your majesty!" A young woman runs up to me, and the guards around me step forward, their height and gazes intimidating the poor girl.

She retreats quickly, taking a few steps backward.

I wave them off, maneuvering around their large bodies as I offer my hand. "Yes?"

She glances up at me with shy eyes, her lips forming a small smile.

She had to be at least sixteen, which was unusual for those around here. Although there were no children or infants, there was a small group of ages ranging from sixteen to eighteen that were considered the youngest.

She had this childlike aura about her, one of an innocent child.

"My brother was too shy, but he wanted to give you this." She reaches in her pocket quickly.

I feel the men behind me tense and I hold my hand up to them, "No worries," I turn to her, "What is it?"

She pulls out a small note, handing it to me. "He insisted about not reading it now, probably later on," her voice lowers as she glances around us, "He'd be upset if he knew I was giving this to you."

I take it gently, "Why would he be upset?"

She shrugs before taking off, meeting up with a group of people who also looked around her age.

Rayna walks up to me, "Strange girl."

"Do you know her brother?"

"Eh, I see him around sometimes. But I don't know why he was so shy. He's a grown man," she scoffs, "Not in the mind though."

I shake my head, amusement growing within me as I stuff the letter in my pocket, returning back to assist with Rayna.

Later that day, Aly had met up with me to ask if I'd like to train. Initially, I had no clue what she was speaking about until she lead me into a clearing.

Men and women alike were battling, practicing with weaponry and some not.

And, in one section people who Aly considered 'gifted' were practicing connecting to the earth in order to harness some of their powers.