•t h i r t e e n•

"Talk to me

"Talk to me."

Hades says nothing, seemingly calm and collected on the surface. But, his white knuckled grip on the wheel says otherwise.

"Hades," I reach out to touch him, only to see him tense up a little more. I sigh, retracting my hand back onto my lap.

It was extremely inane of me to believe he wouldn't be upset with my actions. Nevertheless, dealing with the consequences is something I'll have to do. But, it wasn't a selfish act. I did it —for all intents and purposes—to gain information. Something didn't feel right with Persephone back, even Hades felt it...and that just confirmed it for me.

"Look, you have every right to be upset with me. You do. I know I'm hard to deal with, because you want to control everything," I pause, scanning his face for any reaction. Nope. "But I did this for information. I promise. I knew he wasn't going to hurt me. He's in love with me."

The car screeches to a halt, the forest with the portal to the Underworld only a few feet away.

"You think...that I give a fuck about information when it comes to your safety?"

I pale, his cold tone sending chills down my back.

"N-no." I squeak out, diverting my gaze to my yellow converse shoes.

"Then why do you continue to put yourself in harms way for nothing?" He hisses, his hand wrapping around my jaw to lift my head up.

I focused on everywhere else but his glaring stare that was currently burning holes into my face.

"Samira, look at me." He growls, tightening his grip on my chin.

"What do you want me to say?!" I yank my head out of his grip, throwing my hands up as well as I could in the smaller space. "That I'm sorry? You can't control everything I do! You'll just have to accept that I'll always be this way!" I huff, my face becoming warmer and warmer by the second. "He knew about Persephone."

Now, my gaze is set on staring into his dark blue eyes just as he stared into my brown ones.

"What did he tell you?" He inquires quietly, his impenetrable stare still lingering on me.

I sigh, picking invisible dust off of my jeans. "She's not supposed to be back Hades. This will disrupt everything. The balance between life and dead. She's supposed to be dead."

He clenches his jaw, letting out a deep sigh. "Let's go home."

We speed off towards the opening of the forest, relief filling me.

I'm met with hard stares from my friends as I return, Desa mostly.

"What the hell were you thinking?! Again!"

I narrow my eyes. "I didn't see any of you doing anything. Plus, you don't talk to me that way. If Hades is allowed to do things that he chooses, so am I. And nothing will change that. Ever." I brush past her, following Hades as he reaches his office. We walk inside and he slams the door behind me, and I can feel emotions radiating off of him and leaving his body as the waves slam into me.

"You can be angry all you want Hades, but every time you tell me I have this certain power as Queen or-or that you'll invite me to goddamn meetings because I deserve to be involved, you go back on it once you think it's too dangerous! I am not fragile anymore!"

He scoffs, "Not fragile? Okay, you don't know how to control your powers and they're growing rapidly, you only feel it when you have intense emotion which puts everyone at risk and you're worried about simple issues like meetings and fucking information?"

Anger, incandescent and uncontrolled stabs through me like sharp glass.

"Are you telling me that I shouldn't be worried? When you're meant to be with her? The girl that's supposed to be your wife and the Queen of the Underworld? Your dead niece and daughter of your dead brother?" I hiss, my vision becoming darker.

Hades' eyes widen in surprise, before darkening almost instantly.

"I will look for information where I want, and when I want. I will attend meetings, I will be respected just as you are everywhere I go and I will not listen to you just because you can't trust nor have faith in me." I fume, storming out of the office and out the palace doors.

The Garden.

As I walk towards the garden, I could feel my anger fade away, slowly replaced with exhaustion and doubt.

Maybe I was never meant to be Queen. I have power that I can't control, I put my village people at risk at my every outburst.

The colorful, lovely flowers come into view and a calm feeling flows over me, allowing my head to clear.

My body sags in front of the flowers, my hands coming up to touch the delicate petals. They curl towards me, and I breathe a sigh of relief.

At least this hasn't stopped.

A patch of lone dirt catches my attention, and I grab a handful of it and watch as it falls through my fingers back onto the ground.

"If this is meant for me.." I whisper, my throat thickening with unshed emotions. I sigh, letting my head drop. A tear falls down my cheek, traveling down my chin and falling perfectly in the middle of the small patch.

A cold breeze drifts through the garden, and I wrap my arms around myself for warmth.

Then, I feel rather than see the small beginnings of a flower. The roots latch deep into the soil, growing almost instantly. I turn my head back to the small patch, my eyes widening at the sight.

Right before me, I watched as the flower grew. It began as a small stem, hesitant to expand out of the safety of the ground before stretching upward. I gaze in awe as it grows longer before blooming. Everything around me disappears, sounds becoming mute and my vision distorting everywhere else. The bright red petals beckon me, as the flower opens up and glows amongst the rest of them.

A poppy flower.
~~

How do you guys feel about the big ass chapter thingy? Rocking with it or no? And if you see the images, that's one of the sims I created! I just wanted to share it with y'all!! Anyways, I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Much love to you all!

AuralKill, XOXO✍🏽✍🏽