•f i f t e e n•

            "What happened yesterday? Are you feeling alright?"

I take a swig of water, feeling it rush down my throat like a cool stream.

"Yes," I close the cap tightly onto the water bottle, "Why wouldn't I be?"

Desa shrugs, grabbing her workout towel from the mat on the floor. "Hades rushed back here. We all assumed something was up with you."

Flashbacks of Persephone in my room had my brain shutting down for a good minute, and the hairs on the back of my neck raising.

It was out of a book..or out of a movie, seemingly. Her cold stare, her widened eyes as she realized who I was.

A hand touches my shoulder and I flinch, flinging my eyes open to glare at the culprit.

"Woah," Desa quickly removes her hand, holding both of them up in a defensive position. "What's going on? I know you're not okay. I've known you for long enough to notice something isn't right."

I shudder, my body shaking to release residual stress. "I just...I had a really bad dream. Okay? Nothing to worry your pretty little head about."

She chuckles, "Pretty head, huh? I've always known you had the hots for me. Don't tell Hades though, he might—" she pauses, making a slitting throat gesture.

I laugh, bumping her with my shoulder. "You wish, demon."

We continue our walk down a path from the woods where we were practicing fighting techniques, other guards following a distance behind us.

"My Queen," Hades' deep voice greets me as we step into the palace, his ringed hand coming to caress my sweaty face.

I smile automatically, something I only did with him. It was an immediate response to hearing his voice, or even sensing his presence. Something that was very difficult lately....now that I think about it.