•s i x•

•c h a p t e r~s i x•     "He basically fucked your brains out and then left?"

"He basically fucked your brains out and then left?"

I roll my eyes, my mood suddenly becoming sour.

Aly shakes her head. "If Ares did that-"

"Did what?"Ares pops up out of nowhere, startling the both of us.

She pivots on her heel, glaring at him. "If you fucked me like I was a one night stand on a bad day, and then left in the morning without even mentioning anything at all I'd hunt you down and feed you to Cerberus."

I face palm, my face reddening.

Oh god. Kill me now.

Ares' eyes widen and he glances at me before putting his hands up. "I-I have nothing to say. I won't even mention or ask any questions."

I slide my hand down my face, sighing loudly in relief.

"But like.." he continues.

My gaze snaps over to his face, glaring holes into the side of it. His hands come up again, "Alright, alright. I'm not here for the gossip anyways," he wraps his arm around Aly, placing a kiss on her head. "Are you set for the ball, Samira?"

I peer at him confusedly, pushing my hair out of my face. "What ball?"

"At Mount Olympus. It's set up for both kingdoms to mingle. And maybe find their beloveds."

My eyes almost bulge out of their sockets, "What?!" I screech, leaving Aly and Ares flinching and covering their ears.

"I have a feeling he didn't tell you.."Aly mumbles, her eyes looking anywhere but me.

At this point, I'm fuming. First, he disappears in the middle of the night like a damn thief. Second, he basically avoids me all day and third, he sends someone to speak to me on something he should've told me himself!

Ares grabs Aly, pulling her to him. "Maybe you should speak to him, then."

"Where is he?" I growl, my voice animalistic.

Ares shakes his head, "You should probably speak to him after the meeting. It's the last thing they need for preparation for the ball."

I take a deep breath, trapping the anger instead of going to let it out. "No worries. I'll see you two later."

I storm into the palace, bumping into a hard chest.

"Fu-ouch!" I flinch back, my hand coming up to rub my forehead and nose.

"You alright?"

I slowly open my eyes, my gaze falling on familiar black eyes.

"Dru?"

He smirks, "You good, your highness? It's almost as if you've seen a ghost."

I let out a small laugh, taking a few steps back to create space between us. "No, I just..I'm surprised to see you I guess."