•t h r e e•

•c h a p t e r~t h r e e•    I run, the cold biting at my feet and sleeping into my bones

    I run, the cold biting at my feet and sleeping into my bones.

I could see the vapor leaving my mouth, the warm puffs of breaths meeting the cool air. I was numb. I was cold. I couldn't feel. I couldn't feel anything but fear.

A fear that started in my heart, and at each beat it spread like wildfire through my veins. It latched onto the blood that filled my body, and reached the tips of my extremities.

"You can't run far, nor can you run fast enough.." A taunting voice echoes throughout the darkness, the dark forest. The forest that surrounded the palace.

Why was I here?

"Samira," a voice whispers harshly, closer now.

I hide behind a tree trunk, my heart race increasing as tears pool in my eyes. The anxiety was ripping through me, seizing my entire body, nearly paralyzing me.

Hades. Where was Hades? Is he okay? What's happening?

It was quiet now, my shaky breathing the only thing resonating throughout the forest.

"Boo," I feel a sharp breath near my ear before I'm thrown to the ground, my arms burning with pain.

A man with dark eyes steps closer to me, an aura of malice radiating off of him.

Oh, fuck. I was going to die.

I scramble away, using my feet to push me backwards.

But, I wasn't fast enough. One second he was feet away from me, the next he had ahold of my neck, his body hovering over mine as he inhales my hair.

"You smell of her..." he pulls away, skimming his nose down my throat before something wet takes its place.

I open my mouth to scream, but he brings up a hand to cover my mouth roughly, his hands slimy.

"You taste of her, too.."

I cry out against his hand, my plea muffled.

"I planned to kill you, but I think I'll take you. I'll change you, train you. And then once you know your place, I will mate you and make sure you become my wife." His voice deepens demonically, disgustingly.

His hand tightens around my throat, "You are her, and if you behave, I won't have to kill you too."

I bite at his hand, able to grab a small piece of skin in his palm. He hisses, yanking his hand away before lifting it to hit me.

I scream for the one person who lives for me, who would die for me. Who would do anything for me, as loud as I can. Until my throat felt like it was ripped to shreds.

"Hades!"

A distant voice calls out to me and anxiety hits me again, like a freight train.