•t e n•

•c h a p t e r-t e n•

The entire room went silent, but at the same time, the uncanny situation created an echo.

Full, dark bags laid above his sunken cheeks that held the light scruff that lined his jaw. His jet black hair sat ruffled atop his head, hanging in his dark eyes.

He slowly drags his eyes, that connect with mine in a dark embrace. My breath leaves my body as we stare, just stuck into one moment.

And, suddenly as if the string between us became impatient, I could feel my feet move across the room. His gaze follow me in a predatorily, entrancing way. No one moves—at least, I think no one moves. I've become too enraptured to notice.

He moves also, almost sweeping his feet in a slow, graceful way. His hand reaches out slowly as we near one another, and his lips part as he stares down at me.

"My Queen.." I could hear a small tremor in his voice, so broken that my heart shattered.

I swallow, the saliva escaping my mouth quickly.

"My King.." I breathed, my hand grasping his forearm as his hand latches onto my elbow.

He lifts his other hand, dragging his fingers across my face gently. I close my eyes on instinct, leaning into his warmth.

I feel his fingers trace my lips, and my stomach quivers. I sigh contently, relishing in this feeling I've missed for too long.

His lips meet mine, a gentle brush. Tingles spread through my body, clenching deliciously through my toes. Thrumming begins once more, loud and evident.

I almost groan out loud as he pulls away too soon, glancing into my eyes once more before looking up. His eyes switching between black and blue, the demon in him fighting for control.

I hear nothing as the room clears, too wrapped up within the clinquant hum that flowed between us.

He grabs my hand, leading us out the door. We disappear from the large, quiet room appearing in our quarters.

I take a deep breath, glancing around the room. Hands clasp onto my shoulders, sliding down my arms until they meet my waist.

Hades pulls me against him, sticking his nose into the crook of my neck. I tilt my head, my lips parting as he takes a deep breath.

"Oh, how I've missed you..my love."

I place my hands on his, letting my head drop against his chest. "I've missed you, too."

His lips trace the veins in my neck, leaving small kisses as they go by.

He then releases me, and turns me around. We gaze deeply into each other's eyes for a moment. Our hearts beat in sync.

Our lips clash in a passionate embrace, my hands immediately pushing into his thick, luscious locks as his hands take their place to hold my thighs as he lifts me.

"I just need to feel you. All of you for the night." He groans into my mouth, his hands tightening on my thighs.

"Then feel me," I whisper breathlessly against his lips, my heart racing with excitement.

He walks us to the bed, falling on top of me. He lifts himself, supporting his weight on his hands.

"I love you."

I laugh gently, seeing the sparkle in his eyes as he stares down at me.

"I love you, too."

He smiles, leaning down to lock me in another passionate embrace.

That night, we got lost within one another. Never letting go.

**

"You were supposed to choose me! Be with ME!"

My body jolts, as my breath escapes me quickly. I open my eyes to see Jacob on top of me, his hands around my neck.

"Now, you think you can have his baby?! Become infected with his-his seed?" He hisses, his eyes turning a dark red.

I gasp in pain as my throat begins to burn.

"J-Jacob!" I struggle, my vision slowly going black.

Then, everything switched. I was somewhere peaceful.

Beautiful, colorful flowers surround me. They dance in unison, swayed by the warm wind.

I wrap my hand around my neck, rubbing it tenderly.

What the fuck is going on?

"Are you the one?" A melodic voice whispers, swaying with the flowers and getting lost in the wind.

I whip around, scanning the area.

"Of course you are..you're gifted. You're beautiful."

"Who are you?"

A rustle behind me grabs my attention, but I can't move. I'm paralyzed, unable to turn and take a glance at what it could be.

A hand brushes against my neck, sending chills down my spine.

The owner of the voice slowly steps in from of me, coming into my line of vision.

My jaw drops.

"Hello, dear Samira."

The woman, the woman on the ceiling of the palace. Her soft, glow skin. Her hair that flowed, and danced behind her body as she stands in front of me.

I become quiet, shocked with what my eyes were seeing.

"Some things will come to light soon. You will have to remain strong, resilient, and the Queen that you were always destined to be. You shall not let anyone, no one at all Samira, get in the way of that."

She reaches towards me, her hand setting gently on my cheek. "That's what your mother would've wanted."

Something wet drops onto my cheek, sliding down until it meets her hand. She smiles, her green eyes glistening.

"Go, my child. Wake up."

Wake up

Wake up

I sit upright, my hair flinging up to hit my face. I waste no time, ripping the duvet off me as I race to the bathroom.

I heave into the toilet, bile rising up to burn my throat. Tears stream down my face, with no thought. No reason.

"Samira?" A soft voice disturbs my thoughts and I flinch, backing away from it.

"No, no don't come in. Don't look at me." I whimper, my chest tightening.

Gentle hands lift me, cradling me to a broad chest.

I break down, my hands balled against his chest.

We stand like that for a while, before he carries me into the bed.

I calm down as we lay under the sheets, my breathing slowing.

"Bad dream.." I whisper into his chest, closing my eyes as the memories flash through my head of my mother.

"You're safe."

I glance up at him from under my lashes. "I'm not who I'm worried about."

~~~~~~~~~~~|~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~|~~~~

For all of those who waited for a chapter, who remained loyal, who stuck with me along this journey, this is for you. Love you all, thank you for keeping me going.
AuralKill❤️