28

A body knocked into the couple as they attempted to push through the crowd to rejoin the others. The bag of popcorn in Yoongi's hand fell to the the ground.

"My popped corn kernels!" Yoongi gasped, turning quickly to glare at the person who bumped him. His eyes slowly turned red as his fangs began to extend ever so slightly.

"I apologize, Your Majesty. I am so very deeply sorry, please, have mercy!" The man pleaded, lowering into a full bow as his body shook.

Jungkook stared with wide eyes. Did this guy really think Yoongi was going to kill him because he accidentally ran into him?

Just as that thought crossed his mind, Yoongi picked the man up with one hand by his throat. His arm was extended and the man's feet were no longer touching the ground.

"What are you doing?!" Jungkook hissed, pulling on Yoongi's sleeve while the man thrashed in fear.

Yoongi's bright red eyes flickered from the man in his grasp to the pissed off Jungkook. The redness in his eyes dimmed at the sight of his boyfriend. Soon the color faded completely and he reluctantly set the man back on his feet.

"Go." Yoongi muttered and the man didn't think twice to get the fuck out of there.

The crowd immediately moved elsewhere in fear of the King's well known violent behavior.

"What was that? You were really going to kill him?" Jungkook snapped, glaring up at the vampire with anger.

"It's a habit." Yoongi replied coldly, walking away without another word. People quickly scurried away from him as he walked by out of fear.

They all knew exactly who he was and exactly what he was capable of. Everyone but Jungkook.

~~~~

"He's the King of all fictional creatures."

"What?!" Jungkook shrieked, staring at the 5 with wide eyes.

"Yeah. His father, Dracula, used to be. But he died, what, like 7 centuries ago?" Jin murmured as he sat down across from Jungkook at the dinner table.

"So...he's the King of all of you too?" Jungkook pointed to the others with raised brows.

"Unfortunately, yes." Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"That's why he pretty much has the most say in decision making." Jimin added while sitting down with the others.

"You see, his father was basically a jackass. Yoongi was- and sometimes still is- the same way. Dracula used to be the most feared person in our world. After he died, Yoongi took his place. Apple didn't fall far from the tree." Namjoon explained with a sigh.

"I've known him the longest. I used to be the head chef at his castle. When he left, he only brought two things with him. His favorite knife and me." Jin said with a soft chuckle. "He was still a cold-hearted asshole, so he didn't talk to me much back then. But when I finally asked him why he brought me with him he said he needed someone to cook for him."

"So...why did he try to kill some guy just because he spilled his popcorn?" Jungkook's brows furrowed at the memory.

"If this were 700 years ago, he would've killed him before you could blink." Hoseok scoffed with a shake of his head.

"Why?" Jungkook questioned.

"Like I said, he was a jackass. He wanted to be feared- scratch that, he practically thrived off of others fear of him. Made him feel powerful, even though he already was because he's the King. He used to be a lot different than he is now. I think all of us sort of helped tame him." Jin replied while glancing at the others, who nodded in agreement.