Chapter 5: A dance to remember

Magnus Baudin Veritas Courtenay

I stood there staring at her, my fianceé, for the first time after 2 years of being betrothed. I was told that she was a sickly girl, may not be able to stand properly by herself, silent and almost like a corpse.

But looking at the woman standing before me now, I can't help but admire just how far people go through to slander such a angelic, delicate girl who's elegance and beauty is beyond this mortal world. The lies they spouted can't be more farther than the truth.

Her eyes reminded me of a light pink colored rose, showing a glint of pensive sad aloofness that draws people in.. Wanting to know more. Nobody said she had such distinct rare pink eyes but then again, nobody even in high society actually saw her up close as she was often too sick to even stand. Recently, Marquess Farron told that his daughter is finally better. Who would've known that she is this.......

Her platinum blonde hair was adorned by blue chrysanthemums and aquamarine gem stones, fluttering gracefully by the passing breeze which ends by the back of her small waist accentuating her delicate, celestial figure. In her lacy blue dress, she looked as if she could be carried off by cherubs at any moment, ascending her to a higher place beyond my reach.

Who knew how long we stood there just looking at each other..

Eventually, I took the initiative to close the distance between us to be able to properly speak to her

I was met by an entancing smell of freshly picked chrysanthemums with a hint of vanilla. Up close, she looks even better. I initially thought she will have her head hung low and just timidly follow me throughout the day.. Certainly, I am mistaken. Just because she was sick and secluded most of her life doesn't mean she has the confidence of an ant.

For her to look up at me, a war lord with oppressive intimidating air, tells that this little miss despite her weak body, has a will power stronger than most people.

"Greetings to you, my young Lord Courtenay." She curtseyed to which I responded gratefully. Her voice suiting her dainty, elegant air.

"Greetings, my young Lady Farron. You may rise."

"Thank you, my Lord."

"I'm glad to know you are doing better." I said in a slight smile "You look lovely."

"I'm grateful to be complimented by my Lord. Thank you. You look divine as well" she smiled in return. Neither humble nor arrogant. Interesting.

"We still have a hefty amount of time to spend before the knighthood commences. Would my Lady do me the honor of accompanying you whilst adoring the scenery?" I asked

"It would be my honor to be accompanied by my Lord." She said breaking eye contact as both of us relieved our personal maids and knights off their duties by dismissing them at the moment.