Chapter 7: It was contagious!

"Help please anybody!" A child merely the age of four shouted in the middle of the night as their village was under siege.

Bewildred screams and cries resounded on half of the whole territory of Windsor. Everyday, some of them died. The rustic stench of blood permeated in the air as mass graves lit the dark starless night.

They were being used as bargaining chips to negotiate with the Emperor.

Whether they lived or died depended on one man who stood there just looking at the boy crying in a hidden location nearby. He watched how the child's eyes glimmered with a light that somehow displeased him. Help? He remembered a time where he was exactly like this boy.

By then, he stepped out of the shadows and viciously chopped the once lively child into what looks like a mangled mesh of meat. The surrounding captives all shook - but then again, who wouldn't? A devil revealed himself as he extinguished another life.

His crimson hair, adorned with blood, is now drenched with the saturating lights from the fire of the mass grave, giving him a look akin to a creature stepping directly out of the flames. As he threw the child's mangled flesh unto to the pit, he looked back to the group of people.

Starved, hurt, alone.. Magnus watched them as the peculiar familiarity somewhat comforted him. He wickedly smirked as he signalled his most trusted knight and brother, Tristan with his bloodied hand.

Leaving no room for reaction, Tristan swung his sword, as the asphalt pavement turn a bright shade of red. In a blink of an eye, the once living beings lie lifelessly on the ground. The spectators from other groups quivered in fear, the once-crying children and the screaming women were finally silenced in a terrified state. This genocide and aptitude for killing - not merciful to neither children nor women.. They finally knew why the name Magnus was synonymous to "demon".

Illuminated by a blazing fire, Tristan with his mint green hair tousling in the hot humid breeze, stood there, valiantly offering his tainted sword to his Lord with a smile.

After losing the double-edged sword Ban from banishment, Magnus conferred this name to his right hand knight. His most trusted ally and Ban personified..

Tristan Ban Winchester.

- an excerpt from "Risen Emperor: The Dragon and Phoenix's rise to power", Chapter 49

Erin

I saw fire, burning embers alighting the dark. The smell of blood and decaying corpses, the view and sounds of hell. Strangely enough, I felt the excruciating sensations of being burned alive. I wanted to scream, but instead a hoarse quiet voice resounded from my opened mouth.

Within the blazing heat, amber lights revealed the back of a mint green-haired man standing in front of.... What the hell...

Is that..?!