XV- making assumptions

Rio's eyes widened, he'd been caught by Cass. He had to think quickly. "I... uh... got ya?"

"What?"

"I pranked you! Wooh! Yeah, get pranked, you dumbass!" Rio bellowed, proud of his excuse and running with it. Cass shushed him and pointed to (Y/n)'s door, she had never taken Rio to be the prankster type.

"What was the prank?" She asked, confused to what he even planned to do.

"I... broke into your dorm?"

"I'm so fucking tired, man. Get outta here," Cass dismissed Rio with a dry chuckle and departed to her room.

Rio let out a sigh of relief and waited for Cass to retreat to her room. He opened and closed the front door to create the illusion of his exit. Rio sat on the couch for a good twenty minutes to be sure that Cass was asleep. He then ventured to the bathroom, he opened the cupboard and retrieved an orange bottle and red box from the back.

Rio shook his head at the cigarette packet, placing it in his bag. From the same bag he pulled out a bag of brightly coloured pills, he poured them into the empty bottle. He knew what (Y/n)'s behaviour was when she wasn't taking her medication and if he was correct, she hadn't been taking hers for around a week. It had taken Rio a while to get a hold on some of the right pills, but he did it.

He questioned whether he should go into (Y/n)'s room. She was a deep sleeper, this was the third time he'd visited her dorm in the night. The first time was on the first day she arrived, it just felt like the last six years of his life had finally come together. All of the work had payed off, he just watched her for a bit. It was the closest he'd ever been to her, every other time Rio had watched (Y/n) it had been from afar. But now he was so close he could touch her, and he did for the first time that night. He let out a shaky breath as he felt pure ecstasy flow through him as ran his fingers through her hair. The second time he went into her room in the night was in the week after she'd finally met him leading up to Gordon's party. All he wanted was to touch her hair again, feel that incomparable joy. Her hairbrush was sitting on her bedside, strands of (h/c) littered the bristles. Rio couldn't just leave it, the inanimate object was practically begging to be taken by him, so he did.

Rio moved quietly into (Y/n)'s room, her gentle snoring was music to his ears. She turned her head and revealed a wet patch of pillow. Her injuries were on full display, he took the tainted hand and placed his lips on each of her knuckles, hoping this would make her pain disappear. Rio didn't know what he'd loathe more, if someone was hurting her or if she had done this herself. What if being off of her pills made her hurt herself? 'Maybe I should come back tomorrow night... just to make sure she's taken one of the pills... no, I shouldn't... she'll take them, I trust her,'

Rio always felt overwhelmed with guilt after his trips to (Y/n). He lay awake in bed, all he could think about was (Y/n) and all the things he wanted to do to her, those who hurt her, those who had tainted her and those who lusted after her. He knew that Danny fell into the latter category, what to do about Danny. (Y/n) liked Danny, of that Rio was sure and he hated it. But Rio saw Danny's meltdown after (Y/n) rejected him, Rio had read Danny's diary, Rio knew Danny's love for (Y/n) was just as unconventional as his own. (Y/n) would hate both of them if she knew the truth. An idea had taken root in Rio's twisted mind.

Earlier that day, Lawrence got a call from his brother. Carlisle had landed himself in the nurse's office and needed to be picked up. Lawrence, not really caring about what had happened to Carlisle, sent Tim to collect him.

"Jesus Christ." Lawrence commented as Carlisle entered. His left eye was purple and swollen, Lawrence wanted nothing more than to laugh at his brother's state.