THIRTY NINE

the archer by taylor swift

Trembling fingers can't skim along my bare thighs fast enough. Harsh kisses against my lips keep me reeling for more. Gentle moans that slip down my throat only make me more greedy for what I really want.

We haven't left the counter. Clothes are still on. It's been less than two minutes since this frenzy has started. I never want it to end.

Being touched this way is almost surreal. It's like I've gone back in time, but only in the best way. The way his hands feel against my skin put me right back to those summer nights I fell in love with when I was only eighteen.

It's intoxicating.

"No one could ever," he pants, his fingers dragging down the bare skin on my back causing me to cry out. "No one could ever replace you, Mary. It's you. It's only you. It's—"

His hands bury beneath me, forcing me up to wrap my legs around his waist. I gasp, and he's quickly swallowing any sound I can make. His mouth moves with mine as if it's only been a few hours since we've done it last. He's so skilled as he moves his tongue so swiftly against mine. I nearly beg for him with gentle moans.

I'm quickly pulled away from the countertop and pushed against the wall outside my bedroom, feeling the ferocity of our situation.

Passion and fire and angst and hurt and everything else in the world is coursing through us— between us. It's so fast and rushed and needy and hungry, and I'm trying to process it all at once.

I keep going. I keep kissing and touching and feeling and holding on like it's been years. And it has. It's been so goddamn long since I've felt this, and I can't let it get away from me.

"I've waited," he breathily moans against my panting lips. He pulls me away from the wall and moves to my bedroom, where I hear the slam! of my door. "I've waited so long for you, Mary."

I can't help the shivers that spread through me when I'm pushed down into the softness of my mattress, the nights of loneliness and crying and self-loathing and guilt slowly slipping away.

"I needed you," I murmur, my fingers clutching his shirt in my hands. I feel myself tugging, pulling, aching to feel his skin on mine again.

He growls, lifting his shirt over his head before moving back over me, lips whispering against mine, holding my neck in his strong grip. "Tell me you need me now."

I nod, frantic fingers dragging down his warm skin. The dim yellow lighting in my room gives me very little perspective, but I know how beautiful he looks. After all, he is my beautiful boy.

"I do," I swallow hard when his lips begin their journey down my neck. "I need you now. I've always needed you."

Another throaty growl escapes his lips as he continues his urgent assault on my skin. The biting and licking has me squirming beneath him in the best way possible. I can feel my words resonating with him in a way that he's craved since the night he left.

I hope they really stick this time.

His grip leaves my neck and continues down my torso, lingering at my braless chest for just a moment before going further only to hook his fingers around the hem of my T-shirt. He doesn't wait even a second to pull it over my head, leaving me nearly bare before him.

I'm quickly feeling the soft, needy mouth against mine again. I close my eyes, feeling like I could cry as his hand falls over my chest again, this time, allowing me to feel his hand against me. My back arches into him, trying to feel him as closely as I can.