14

Raven's POV

The boys left about two hours ago. Everything was fine at first. Y/n and Sam played on the wii and I sat next to them. Then we had some mac and cheese then chilled. Y/n stayed in the kitchen after we ate. Now she's just starring intently at the flower. She's been like that for five minutes now.

There was something in her eye. It was strange and her scent somewhat changed. She usually smelled like nutmeg and she does but it was sour. I know I smell like cinnamon and Sam smells like pine cones. Everyone has a certain smell because of our glands. It mostly the exocrine gland the produces a smell outside the body. It's mostly hormones but it's whatever. Just Y/n is acting really weird.

I bite my lip and checked the time on the stove.

6:37pm

I sighed. Should I make dinner or order dinner? We did just have pizza. I could just make some ramen.

"Y/n~ Do you mind if we have ramen for dinner?" I leaned against the island and watched her. She didn't move or acknowledge that I said anything to her. "Y/n!" I barked.

She blinked and snapped her head towards me.

"Huh?" She furrowed her eyebrows. I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

"Umm, dinner? Want ramen or something?" Y/n stared eyewided at me before shrugging. "Okay Sam what do you want?" I yelled out to Sam.

"Is there pizza rolls?! If yea make em!" She yelled from the living room. After was the sound of groaning and the tv saying she lost. I groaned and looked to see for the pizza rolls. There was some. Gosh they are so troublesome and annoying!

On the counter was the old herb book. I flipped to that flower page. There wasn't anything alarming in it. Only that it can be poisonous. I flipped to the next page and another page was in there. It was just a lined paper with cursive on it. It was talking about the flower. Something about a ritual and someone can be attached to it if they haven't found a mate. That part was weird it was talking about a curse?

I looked off into the distance trying to remember curses from the tribe. Y/n was an outcast. No one liked her. Didn't touch her, didn't talk to her, stayed far away from her. Our mother died giving birth to Y/n. I was only a year old so I don't remember anything about her. There was a myth about it. About a witch and a wolf. Y/n was born exactly at midnight under a full moon. The witch performed the curse at midnight I believed.

~~~

Once in the deep forest lived a young couple. The man was a lumber jack and the wife was a doctor. The wife was nine months pregnant. She stayed in bed most of the time while the man did his best to get money for food and medicine. His wife told him not to worry because she could use the forest to heal her.

One night the man was working late only having a lantern to light him. He finished his work putting his tools into their carriage. The horses neighed with anticipation to get out of the forest. The forest was especially dark at night with strange noises that roamed the forest. The trees swayed as if they were alive. Wolves howled in the distance. The full moon was approaching. The couple were wolves that lived in isolation, afraid of the village finding out their secret.

In the distance behind a tree, a woman dressed in a dark cloak watched the man. She watched him travel back to his home and watched him take care of his pregnant wife. She was jealous and envious of her. That should be her. She deserved it!

She sat and waited and watched the couple. She loved the man. He was everything to her. So she waited for the wife to give birth. The night she was to give the man wasn't there. She walked in the house pretending to be a traveler who had heard her cries. For bourse she stayed by the woman's side slowly chanting Latin words, completing her curse.

As the wife gave birth the witch had finished her curse. The wife's pulse was fading only focusing on her child, her baby girl. The witch laughed and laughed and danced around. As midnight pasted the lights died down along with the wife who laid cold and helpless. The witch finished her curse marking the child with a circle.

The midnight curse was born.

~~~

The pizza rolls finished and we sat at the table. Sam was talking about her game and Y/n seemed okay. There was something distant in her eye.

"Okay! I'm full!" Sam groaned and slumped down in her seat. "What should we do now? Watch a scary movie?" She wiggled her eyebrows at us. We agreed grabbing pillows and blankets. We piled in the living room and picked one of my favorites. Time seemed to go on forever but it was also short. Sam fell asleep and y/n and I were already half way there. I think I reached it first.

~~~

BAM!
BAM!

I slowly opened my eyes at the banging. There was a slight breeze and it was colder in here. I blinked a few times getting the hazy sleep out of my eyes. Sam was still on her couch but she rolled over looking at me. Y/n was on the middle couch but she wasn't there.

"Why's it so cold in here?" Sam's groggy voice spoke. I hummed and got up throwing my blankets off. The front door was open and closing but opening back. I stood in the opening confused. My eyes slowly opened wide. I ran upstairs and checked the rooms for Y/n.

"Oh no!" I gasped and jumped down the stairs. "S-sam! Y/n's gone I think she just left!" I shook her. Sam snapped her head at me and fell off the couch. We ran out the front and the wind hit into us. I could smell Y/n up the road. I started jogging towards the scent.

"This is like the horror movie!" Sam gasped as we ran. I nodded but I was afraid for Y/n up ahead I could see her figure. I started running faster and we reached Y/n. She was softly looking at the ground and still walking slowly. It was sloppy.

"She's sleep...walking?"