14 - Alone Again (Clementine's POV)

I'm sure most of you understand what I'm doing but I just wanna make it clear just in case. This chapter is going on at the same time as the last but Clementines POV. Enjoy :)

Your eyes fluttered open and you lay still in the bed. Your eyes were covered in salty dried tears from the night before so you rubbed it all off with your sleeve.

Looking to your left across the room was AJ, he was still sound asleep. You sat up in the bed and hung your legs off the side. Getting up and looking out the window was one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen.

The way the snow covered the land like a blanket was so magical. Looking at all the white snow glowing in the sun made your eyes hurt a little but you didn't care. All the trees were dressed in snow that glistened like diamonds. You could see for miles and in the distance, you noticed a range of mountains. The tips covered in snow while the rest of it brown and black rocks.

AJ: Clem?

You are startled by AJ waking up so you jump a little. Then you look to your right and see him laying the bed.

Clementine: hey, good morning goofball

He starts to talk but is quickly cut off by a nasty cough.

AJ: I'm not a goofball

Clementine: Are you Alright? That cough sounded like it hurt

AJ: I'm okay

His voice sounds super stuffy which worries you. Seeing AJ in pain or sick always felt like a knife ripping your heart open.

Clementine: You're not okay

You saw while walking up to him and bending over feeling his head.

Clementine: AJ you feel hot, you need to go see Avery.

AJ: No! Last time we were there I got a needle in my arm

Clementine: AJ it's not up to you, trust me this time you won't get any needles.

AJ: Fine

He was laying on his back but now he turned on his side facing away from you.

Clementine: Why is he always acting like this now? Ever since...

You start to think about Y/N.

Clementine: No I can't, not like last night...

Thinking about something to take your mind off of it you walk outside. As you walked out to the courtyard you checked the job board but there was nothing listed for you.

Clementine: okay guess I'll go talk to Arthur?

As you walk into the warehouse that Arthur's office is located the thought drifts back into your mind.

Clementine: What If he's dead? No stop

Trying to shake the thought out of your head you run into the door of Arthur's office.

Clementine: Ow!

You are standing there rubbing your head when Arthur opens the door.

Arthur: Hey Clementine, you Alright? I heard you bang on the door pretty hard.

He has the usual smile and good attitude which always kind of annoys you.

Clementine: Yeah I'm good sorry

Arthur: All good, What can I do for ya?

Clementine: I was looking at the job lists and saw I had nothing so I was wondering if there was a mistake.