34 - We're Here

Just wanted to say before this chapter starts, please go check out IgniteTheFlay He has a great story called Ace, he just started to rewrite it after making 26 chapters and he made it even better. It really deserves more attention so go check his story out and see if you like it!

————Clem POV————

You had just got done with some chores that were assigned to you Earlier in the week. You were exhausted from all the work and the shortage of sleep wasn't doing any good. As you got back to your plot against the wall you heard some banging.

Clementine: again?!

You were used to hearing the occasional walker come by so you shrugged it off and tried to ignore it. The weather was nice and then was out but it was still freezing. There was a good amount of snow everywhere and it glistened like crystals in the sun. For a second you were sucked out of reality just appreciating how beautiful the world is.

All of a sudden you saw a couple by the canteen walking together, the stopped and kissed. You just stared at them, what if the last time you kissed Y/N was the last time.

Clementine: I should've helped

You felt a sense of guilt, he gave himself up for you while you ran. You ran leaving nothing behind, not a single ounce of contribution.

Clementine: I can't think like that

You put your face in your hands and tried to calm down. The anger is rising in your body as the guilt increases besides it. You feel sad at the same time as if you don't know what to feel.

THUD THUD THUD

Smash after smash the number of walkers seems to increase. You sit there listening for more. A couple more every minute start hitting the sheet metal wall from the outside. Then it increases dramatically, all of a sudden there is a deafening roar of walkers moaning out in the distance. On top of that, they collide into the walk every second which is even louder. You look around the courtyard to see if others are noticing, and they are. People are running around house to house knocking on doors. Then a man runs down to your section.

???: MEETING IN THE COURTYARD FOR EVERYBODY

You were quite surprised, Curtis had never called a meeting where everybody was invited. This must be big. You jog up to the main courtyard and see a huge group of people waiting around. You stick in the back since everybody looks down at you for not being a citizen, to be fair you haven't had a shower in weeks.

Then Curtis comes out from nowhere and stands up a wooden block that is a couple of feet tall.

Curtis: Quiet Everyone! Quiet!

As if a switch had been turned instantly all of the side chatter was dropped.

Curtis: Thank you! All right... As some of you could tell, there is an abnormal amount of dead outside the walls today. We are trying to get a count of how many there are, but don't worry! This is something I am working on very thoroughly and will be taken care of in the meantime. But this does mean that NO ONE is allowed to leave.