005: "i love you"

[ 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 . ]

It was a casual night when you and Lance were hanging out together. Lance thought it would be fun to flirt with you like he always does. He likes to make it explicitly clear he feels a great amount of affection for you.

"Are you a camera?" Lance asked, setting up another one of his pick-up lines. "Because every time I look at you I smile!"

"Why are you like this?" You question a small laugh bubbling up.

"Becuase I'm in love with you," Lance stated.

"O-oh," You felt your face flush and you smiled. "I love you too, Lance."

[ 𝘬𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩 . ]

Keith was being extra grumpy and upset lately. It wasn't his normal scowl or defensive disposition, this was worse. You hated seeing him so upset, so you decided you were going to cheer him up. You did everything you could to try and get him to smile or laugh. Eventually, you actually did! You got your grumpy boy to laugh at one of your stupid attempts.

"I love you!" Slipped out of Keith's mouth in between small laughs. You were stunned.

"I love you too!"

[ 𝘱𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘦 . ]

Pidge was neck deep into a technical project and had been for the past few days. You weren't sure what came over you, but you really wanted her attention. Even if it was just for a few minutes, you felt needy at the time. So, you slumped down next to her and started to watch her work.

"Hey, Pidge?" You asked, but didn't get a response. "Pidge." You said again, except a little louder this time.

"What?" She asked, not giving you a sideways glance. 

"I want your attention," You confessed, scooting closer to her.

"Why?" She asked, continuing to work.

"Because I love you," You said and watched as her cheeks turned bright pink.

"W-well, I-I love you too, (Y/n)... I'll be done with this in a few minutes."

[ 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘰 . ]

You were laying your head against Shiro's chest as his fingers gently combed through your hair. You were silently listening to his heartbeat and steady breathing. It was rather sudden; Shiro kissed the top of your head and told you,

"You know I love you, right?"

"Well, I do know," You grinned. "And I love you too, Takashi."

[ 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘬 . ]

You weren't feeling too well and knew you were a bit sick. You just wanted to lay in bed all day and sleep. However, someone wanted to pay you a visit. Hunk decided he was going to check up on you, like the caring and thoughtful boyfriend he was.

"Hey, (Y/n)," Hunk said as he pet your head. "How are you feeling?" You only groaned in response. "Here, I brought you something that I think will make you feel better." Hunk pulled something out of his backpack. It was a plate of cookies! Your eyes lit up instantly.

"This is why I love you!" You exclaimed.

"I love you too."

[ 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵 . ]

You had been dating for quite a while when Matt told you those three special words. He has just kissed you actually. It was sweet and amazing. Matt was a surprisingly good kisser. He had just pulled away in order to breathe.

"I love you," Matt whispered against your lips.

"I love you too, dork."