chapter 1 - Crossing Paths

A/N: Heya, People! Welcome to the very first chapter of "Love Hidden in Hate"

I hope you are going to enjoy reading my book. Happy Reading!

~~~~~~

Kiara P.O.V

My alarm rings for the fifth time, and I jump out of bed.

Yes, you guys get it right! I am a person who sets five to six alarms to get up every morning but still gets late.

"Oh really, Kiara! You always end up being late, not only in the mornings," as always, my inner voice mocks me.

And guess what!! As always, I ignored my inner voice.

Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself to you guys. Here we go:

I am Kiara Agarwal, 25 years old, living in Delhi, "the heart of India". I am short and a little bit chubby. I have completed my MBA, and now I'm searching for a perfect job so to support my parents financially. I love doing DIY crafts, but currently, I don't have enough resources to start my own small business. Yes, I know, I don't need much to start my small art and craft business. However, I wish to do it right, like brand opening. So yeah, I want to earn money for this not-so-little dream also.

Today I have to go for an interview at one of the top companies in Delhi – Malhotra Corporation.

Malhotra Corporation is one of India's leading brands in the field of home furnishing and decoration.

Oh shit!! I'm going to be late again if I keep talking to you. Ok bye! We will talk later.

After ignoring my inner voice, I did my morning routine, had breakfast and bid farewell to my mom and dad, who seemed to be arguing about something.

As I was already late, I didn't bother asking them, 'They are arguing about which silly topic this time?'

I wore my simple black pencil skirt and a white blouse and matched them with my black pencil heels.

I hate pencil heels; I prefer either wedges or shoes.

My makeup includes only lipstick and kajal, as I am not a big fan of heavy makeup.

I am not saying makeup is bad. In fact, I believe if makeup gives you confidence, then why not! Nevertheless, everyone has their preferences, and I prefer minimal makeup.

The moment I leave my home, I catch a taxi and start my journey to my first interview.

In about half an hour, I reach my desired destination, "Malhotra Corporations." The majestic building stood in front of me with pride.

Suddenly I became very excited to work here.

After paying the taxi driver, I step out of the car and head towards the entrance.

The receptionist greets me with a smile and asks me to wait for a while.

After a few minutes, she calls me to enquire about my purpose for the visit.

Once I tell her that I am here for the interview, she directs me towards the area where interviews are being held.

I thank her and continue my journey.

Upon entering the room, I take a quick glance around. There are more than 30 candidates present for one job. Of course, it's normal. It is the Malhotra Corporation, afterall.

There seem to be more than fifteen or sixteen candidates before me. So I took the extra time to calm myself down. It wasn't long before I heard my name called out, and I started feeling nervous again. I guess it happens to everyone.