Chapter 13 Phone Number

Daksh P.O.V.

Currently, we are sitting at the dining table to have our lunch which I didn't want to have here in the first place but because of damn Ayaan, I'm sitting here in the home of that person, having lunch whom I fired.

"Man, she resigned."

Oh shut up, you stupid inner soul.

"Don't they look cute!?" Swati's voice broke my train of thoughts. She was sitting beside me so I turned my face towards her, oblivious to what she was talking about. She pointed across the table and to be honest they indeed look cute.

Kiara was sitting there with Zen sitting on her lap. Zen was smiling happily while saying something and playing with her hair and she was feeding him his lunch while scolding him to not to speak while eating.

It doesn't seem fake at all. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking about her as some gold-digging bitch. She is so pure and loving for being that. But Zen and her bond still don't sit well with me. She is nothing in our life after all. I don't want my son to get so attached to someone who can't be in his life for a long time. I know he is missing a mother figure in his life and I become so busy with the company that he feels ignored most of the times.

But I'm trying. I love him very much, it's just that I'm not good at expressing my love towards him in words and I'm failing to express in actions too. I need to work on this, I need to be available for him whenever he needs me. I also feel like he doesn't share his problems with me and it hurts me to see that my son can't trust me enough to talk freely.

But when he is with this Kiara girl he shows her those sides of his which he never showed to any of us. He cries in front of her and he actually behaves like the other kids of his age while in front of us he tries to be big brave boy, he becomes so clingy to her that he practically wants to be glued to her.

Wow. Am I seriously jealous of her because my son is giving more attention to her and not me!!?

"Hey!! I'm talking to you brother." I paused my thinking process when I heard Swati's voice again.

"Oh, well it's not cute at all. Now eat your lunch fast so we can leave, from here as soon as possible." I lied. Of course, it was cute but they don't need to know the truth anyway.

"Yeah! Yeah! Whatever." Well seems like she already knows I was lying.

"Yeah, man. If you don't find this cute then maybe you need to see the doctor. I mean who knows your heart really turned cold as your employees say!!" Ayaan said this with such a serious expressions on his face like he was being damn serious about consulting a doctor. Remind me again why he is my best friend?

I just glared at him instead of saying anything. I'm not in a mood to play this stupid words game with him today.

After that nobody disturbed me by saying anything stupid for which I'm very glad and finally lunch is over.

And we are here again sitting on the couch. Everyone is busy talking with someone. I don't know, from where they bring so many topics to talk about. Can't they just be silent for a little while!!

"So, I guess we should take our leave now," I announced making everyone head turned towards me, they looked at me for like ten seconds and again continued talking like I didn't say anything.

What the Fuck. Did they just ignore me!!

"I'm talking to you guys. We should go home now. I have work to do and the company to manage." This time I said a little louder with authority in my voice. They all again turned their heads to look at me and thankfully this time they didn't ignore me.