Chapter 2 Shocked or Accepted?

Recap: After I nodded, she smiled at me and walked away. I wonder if she came here for an interview! Is she not aware of who I am?

~~~~~~

Kiara P.O.V

After my interview, I came out of the office with a big smile. It went better than expected.

My interviewer, Shreya, was a sweet, down-to-earth individual.

I can't help but hope to get a confirmation call from them now.

Lost in these thoughts, I opened the door to get out of the interview room. I had merely taken two steps when I bumped into something hard. I was about to say hello to the floor when two strong arms came around my waist to hold me in place, not letting me fall.

'Wait, how come this thing has strong arms?'

'Dumbass, it's someone, not something,' yells my inner voice.

I looked above to see the person to whom these strong arms belong.

'Just so you know, merely admiring him and not obsessing over him, not yet!"

When I looked at his face, I froze for a minute. He is so handsome, like a model or an actor, and his brown eyes - ah, So captivating!

Suddenly, I realized I was staring at him, so I spoke first, "I am so sorry. I didn't know you were standing on the other side of the door!".

He looked at my face for a second, then loosened the hold on my waist and nodded briefly.

I took it as my cue to leave and walked away without a second glance.

Aish, I must have looked like a creep staring at him like that. Is there any possibility that he failed to notice my stare? I really hope there is.

Having nothing else to do, I took a taxi home after leaving the building.

As I entered my home, I saw mom sitting on the couch watching some T.V. show and munching on snacks. Walking to her, I sat beside her, leaning my head on her shoulder and closing my eyes. It always feels so good.

"How was your interview?" My mom asks.

"It was good. The lady who took my interviews was so kind," I replied, smiling at her.

"Oh, that is great, sweetie," she said, looking towards me with a big smile fixed on her face.

"You must be tired, go and get some rest until I prepare lunch," she adds while walking towards the kitchen.

Nodding tiredly, I got up from the couch and headed towards my room.

After changing my clothes into comfortable ones, I decided to search for the "Malhotra Corporations"

I already know some things about the company, but not all things.

I know basically what the company does and stuff, but not much about its executives.

Unexpectedly, I saw the picture that made me still as I read about the company. Once again, those captivating brown eyes are staring at me. This time, through my laptop screen.

'Why is this guy's photo here?' my inner voice asked.

Then I read what was written below the image. "Daksh Malhotra - The CEO of the Malhotra Corporations".

Oh, my freaking goodness!

This man is the CEO of the company, and I didn't even know that earlier. Oh my god, I didn't even greet him properly.