Chapter 9 Stubborn Zen!!

Kiara P.O.V.

"Hey, Kiara! Kiara!!" I heard someone calling my name, but I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't even want to talk to anyone.

Then someone shook my shoulder to bring me out of my thoughts.

"What!!" I replied a little bit in a harsh manner. I'm not in a good mood afterall.

"Just chill girl, you look pale. I was just worried about you. Are you okay!!" Shreya asked me in a concerned voice.

Shit!! What's wrong with me? I'm feeling bad now for talking with her in that tone.

If you guys are wondering where am I?

Then, I'm sitting in the Shreya's office, that monster devil Personal assistant's office. Oh god, I just came here to submit my resignation letter and just leave as soon as possible. I don't want to see that bastard's face again. But when I was in my senior's office talking about my resignation, Shreya came suddenly and said she wants to talk to me about something. She didn't even give me the option to reject, indeed the devil's personal assistant, both are so bossy.

"Oh yes, I'm okay. I'm so sorry for that harsh tone earlier. I'm just wondering why you brought me here!! What you wanted to talk about?"

"Ummm...Actually, firstly, I just want to say thank you for helping me yesterday and sorry that you had to listen to Mr. Malhotra's harsh words because of me."

"It's okay Shreya. You don't need to thank me for that. I just did what I felt right and you also don't need to be sorry, I know Mr. Malhotra's is very serious about his work and company. I just didn't expect from him to burst out at me like that, he didn't even ask me calmly what exactly happened."

"I know Kiara, but he is like that only. But trust me he is a very good person."

Oh, I don't believe that shit of he is a good person. It's definitely a lie.

I didn't say anything to her though. I just remained silent not knowing what to reply.

"You are not changing your mind of resigning?" she asked after a few minutes of silence.

"No, I have decided I don't want to work here anymore," I replied with finality in my voice.

"Okay then, I'm not gonna force you anymore." She released a sigh before answering. What's wrong with her!!

"I'll take my leave then. I want to submit my resignation letter now." I didn't wait for her reply. I stood up from my chair and got out of her office.

After submitting my resignation letter, I make my way towards the canteen. I want to meet cutie for the last time. I hope he will be there like every other day.

But my all hopes for meeting him for the last time shattered when I reached to the canteen. He was not there.

"What were you even thinking Kiara, obviously that devil does not want you to meet with his son now. He must be thinking that I'm a gold digger who wants to use his son." I'm not going to blame him for thinking that though. Any parent will be this protective of their children, if I was on his place I must have also thought of the same.

I guess I just have to leave from here now. Maybe this has to end like this only. Time to start a new journey, Kiara.

On my way out of the building. I saw Sanaya. I wanted to talk with her once but she was not alone, she was with her boyfriend and they seem to be arguing!! I don't want to intrude. I guess I don't get to meet with anyone today. Today is just not my day.

I got back to my home and opened my laptop to start searching for a new job.

"Back to zero again."

After an hour of searching for a decent job, I irritatedly shut the laptop.