2

Olivia

"We simply do not want our daughter's biostats in any database we have no control over

"We simply do not want our daughter's biostats in any database we have no control over." Her father stated. His cultured tone suggested anyone questioning such a desire should check their intelligence.

Either Professor McKenna chose to ignore it or wasn't even aware, since he continued with his arguments. "But she's exceptionally gifted! Her reaction time is phenomenal, and her physical biorhythm is steadier than any ever recorded. Her emotional one suggests she might have extrasensoric abilities and her intellectual biostats confirm her exceptional intellect."

"She could help us understand so much about the human brain, set our understanding forward by leaps."

That was the worst thing the man could've said to her father. Her father straightened even more in his seat. "My daughter will not be an experiment! And I will have every copy in your system."

The dean of science, in whose office they were, turned to Liv. His face gave no clue to his thoughts on the matter. "Miss Wainwright, you've reached the age of consent so it's up to you."

Liv lifted her chin just a bit, her gaze holding the dean's. She'd always had exceptional physical qualities, even a near hypnotic draw to her rather flawless beauty. Most times she found herself having to pull back so as not to seriously hurt or outrun others.

It'd never been a problem in high school, but college was another ballgame. Well okay, so she'd been dumb enough to take part in a precollege biostatistical programme. Got so caught up that she'd shown more of who she was than wise. '. . . she might have extrasensoric abilities . . . Liv shuddered at how close that statement came since she did have some form of ESP.

Which meant she had to be diplomatic in her answer and bring out the irresistible charm she was known for. "I've loved being part of your programme professor, finding my peak production days and optimizing my capabilities."

The phone at the dean's desk rang and Liv stopped her train of speech. To be honest, she was glad for the interruption. This was more serious than talking to a teacher she'd known for years out of punishments due.

"Yes?" The dean said into the phone, his voice gruff. He listen for a moment whilst everyone looked at him, as if they could figure out what he heard. "Send them in." He said, then put the phone down.

Liv was curious, but her mother had taught her from a young age that a lady waited for people to come to her and not show unbecoming curiosity. So much as she wanted to turn around and see who entered, she remained facing the dean's desk. Much as her parents did.

"Dr and Mrs Wainwright, Miss Wainwright could we have a moment of your time?" A neutral, authoritative voice stated.

At that, Liv turned her head as her father stood up to face the suits that had entered the office. There were three of them, but as the door closed Liv saw more outside it. Unmistakable agents of some kind.