4

Olivia

'The biggest threat our nation has ever faced!' How could she be the biggest threat to ever assault the great U

'The biggest threat our nation has ever faced!' How could she be the biggest threat to ever assault the great U.S. of A? She was just an ordinary girl.

Liv took another look at herself in the mirror of her dressing table. She was just herself, nothing remarkable. Sure, she'd been called stunning, breathtaking, mesmerising and all that. But it didn't mean she was an otherworldly being who belonged in another dimension.

For the thousandth time, she checked her ears, then her teeth. Surely a Werewolf would have pointed teeth and ears? She didn't have either and her nails were normal. Not claw-like at all. They didn't grow at a fast rate either.

She didn't like to run, liked her meat well done and had no stomach for hunting. She was an indulged heiress who loved her luxurious life and had no intention of living a primitive life in some remote inaccessible other place.

There had to be something some higher-up in the government had to gain by coming after her family. Maybe even one of the high-profile people her mother had won cases against. They must just want to hurt them by taking her away.

Though Liv trusted her family would find a way to fight this, she was still worried. What if the agent had been telling the truth? What if her existence really was a threat to the nation? Could she live with it?

Though how could her existence be a threat to the nation? If supernaturals were real, there had to be some who masqueraded as humans.

With a last brush of her hair, Liv decided to brave her parents' company. Fear tried to rise from the depths of her being but she forced it down. Just because she might be a monster did not mean her parents would stop loving her. She was still their daughter.

This might not be Teen Wolf, but Scott's mother hadn't disowned him just because he was a Werewolf. If TV moms were that cool real-life ones had to be better. She knew her mom was and her dad was a sweetheart.

As if to prove that, they smiled at her as she entered the living room. Their scent held none of the fear she had been afraid of.

And just because she could smell emotions did not mean she was supernatural. Lots of people could tell emotions in ways most couldn't.

"What if I'm really a monster?" Her mind bypassed her brain to ask.

"Oh honey," her mom came to hug her. "You're the furthest thing from a monster."

"What if I really am a Werewolf?" She asked again, unable to just be content with her mother's answer.

"Then we'll deal with it." Her dad stated, coming to stand behind her mom so he could meet her gaze.

Her mom let go of her and stepped back into her dad's arms. "We're not letting you go honey." She comforted.

"I don't want anything to happen to you guys." Liv pleaded.