1

Lyndon

There was no longer any trace of humanity in the Were's eyes

There was no longer any trace of humanity in the Were's eyes. Only wild animalistic madness backed by human cunning. The whites of the male's eyes had long since become bloodshot, confirming the mental breakdown between his dual identity.

Were it not for his bond with his Luna, Don knew this would've been his eventual fate. To be driven by an insatiable murderous hunger that left nothing resembling the noble creature he'd been. He wondered if the male before him had been an unfortunate victim of his Alpha or if he'd committed a crime worthy of banishment.

Wondered if maybe he was from his own former pack, maybe his own brother, long banished for opposing their sadistic Alpha. There was no telling what the male had looked like before.

The break between identity meant the male had features frozen between the wolf and man. Creatures like him were the reason Humans believed the half man half wolf Were version.

The male stood a foot taller than Don's six feet four height, his breathing more of a growl than anything. His knees turned the wrong way and his arms dangled lower as if he were a monkey.

Don had never seen a rouge who'd deteriorated to such an extent but he'd heard stories of them. They were faster and stronger. It'd take all his beta strength and that of his gamma to kill the abomination that even now stalked their immobile forms.

'You take the right and I'll take the left.' He mindsent to his friend. 'We're going to have to be quick, otherwise, we're dead.'

'It's been nice knowing you.' His friend sent back and Don glared back at him. Will shot him an imprudent smile in return.

Trying to be subtle, Don shifted his left foot out, knowing Will was doing the same thing to his right. The rouge's head whipped to him, his gaze filled with hatred as it met Don's and his nostrils flared. He knew what they planned.

In the time it took Don to blink, the abomination was a breath away from him, his claws slashing for his neck. Only the providence of a fallen twig rolling under his foot and tripping him saved his life. The goddess had to be with him, he realised, as he was as surefooted as any Were.

His wolf surged to the fore even as they remained in Human form. He rolled to his right, barely missing the sharp nails that dug into the ground he'd been on. The Werebeing let out a pained cry filled with rage as Don got to his feet and then kicked out with its right leg.

Will's wolf form sailed through the air, taking a chunk of leg with him. Knowing the gamma would twist his form to land on his feet Don slashed at the beast with the dirk he'd brought for just these instances. Longer than a knife but shorter than a sword it was coated in wolfsbane.