9

Lyndon

Everyone held their breath as Liv walked towards the alpha

Everyone held their breath as Liv walked towards the alpha. Her mother bit her lip to stop herself from uttering the protest everyone could see brewing on her face. He could see the uncertainty on his mate's face but she held her head high and stood before the alpha.

The alpha stared deep into her eyes and Liv kept her composure. Don knew how uncomfortable it was to have an Alpha or an ancient alpha look deep into you. The alpha before them was a retired one. Even though she looked to be in her late twenties, by human standards, he could tell she was in her fifth century. Which meant she had most likely found the fullness of her power.

"What is your full name child?" She asked.

"Olivia Caroline Wainwright." She replied.

Her voice caused a shiver of pleasure to fall down his back. It was light and sensuous, beautiful and mesmerizing. He could now scent her. A delicate wild orchid scent that spoke of fragility yet endurance. He could also sense her power potential. From it, Don was sure she had the blood of a strong werewolf line, he just couldn't sense which.

"Olivia Caroline Wainwright, I alpha Eliana Matthews accept you within the pack. Will you accept me as your alpha?"

It was a more abrupt version of the acceptance ceremony into a pack. Normally, the new member would be told the pack rules beforehand. And then on the day of acceptance, they'd be told what it meant to be under the rule of an alpha.

"I Olivia Caroline Wainwright accept you, alpha Eliana Matthews as my alpha." His mate replied.

"This will be temporary until you are accepted by your true Alpha. In the meantime remember that everything you do will reflect upon me. I hope you will not bring shame to my name." The alpha said with gravity.

Don saw Liv stand up taller, her shoulders drawing back. "I will do all that I can to honour you as my alpha."

He was impressed that she had the right inflexion on the title for the retired alpha, the right reverence. The alpha smiled her approval of her and he saw how that affected her. The same peace he remembered from the times his Alpha had praised him. The Alpha before Jake.

As the alpha took Liv away for her first shift, his jaw tensed at the thought of that bastard and what he'd done. Not only to Nia but to all the other girls in their pack. How could a man betray all he was like that, an Alpha? He wanted to kill the bastard for that.

There was nothing he could do about it right now though, besides that Jake had a pack behind him and even if Will was a better fighter than Jake he could never defeat the Alpha. The other Alphas in their alliance had been jealous of Jake being the youngest Alpha ever and had abandoned their duty to the Dark Carnage.

Even as he held onto his honour, Don was disillusioned by his race, unable to hide from the fact they were leading themselves to ruin. Was the moon goddess driving them to that extinction, using him? Why else would she take an interest in them?