7

(Y/N POV)

It makes no sense.

"Fine," the man said, "I'm not your father."

"I figured that out for myself, thank you very much."

"You must promise not to say a word to anyone," he said, "I need your help."

"Really?" I said, "you're going to play that card?"

"I don't play cards, you foolish-" he said, catching himself, "what I'm trying to say is that you are the key to saving my world."

"Okay, you're Beck," I said, through gritted teeth, "I'm going to have them kill you."

"WAIT!" he yelled, "I can prove I'm not lying."

I raised an eyebrow, but kept my distance from the cage. Peter was silent beside me, watching everything unfold. He knew I had to deal with this myself from now on, but I appreciated that he was there to keep me company.

"It better be good," I spat out, "you have 20 seconds."

The man lifted a hand towards his neck and pulled out a small locket. It was gold, a little tacky, but I didn't recognize it. Whatever this proof was, seemed ridiculous.

"After the war with Thanos," he said, "the stones were destroyed."

"Yes, and?"

"In order to stop him, your father traveled back in time to recover what was lost."

"Get to the point."

The man clicked open the locket, and a blue orb fell out and into his hand. I gaped, my head spinning. That couldn't be what I thought it was. There was no way.

"The tesseract," he whispered, "or as you may know it, the space stone."

"Oh my god," I mumbled.

"Is this enough proof for you?" he said, shutting the locket closed again and tucking it away.

"Fine," I said coldly, "but I still need to know who you are."

The man rolled his eyes, and pointed at the camera again, "shut the whole thing off."

"Say please."

"Please."

"Good," I said, tapping my watch three times again.

As if someone pulled back a screen, the man seamlessly transitioned into his original form. I would recognize him from anywhere, and not in a good way. He stood tall and stautest, holding himself up with pride.

"Loki," he said, "Son of Odin."

"Yeah, I know who you are," I spat out, "and why would I help you?"

"This is because of the New York thing, isn't it?" he said, scrunching his nose at my attitude.

"YES, in fact," I said, "you almost killed me and half of the city."

"Think about it this way," he said smugly, "if I had not come down to earth, would there be any reason for the Avengers to assemble?"

"Who's to say that that was a good thing? It got my dad killed."

"Doesn't matter," he snapped, "I'm here to save the earth this time. Not yours, the one from my dimension."

"Save it from what? Yourself?"

He groaned, slumping down on the chair he had next to him. I knew I was being persistent, but he had no right to ask me for help after terrorizing my city. And impersonating my father was a horrible Idea.

"I recognized your father that day he came to the past," he explained, "and when he made the mistake of leaving me the tesseract, I left with it."

"Congrats, what's the point?"

"The point is, Thanos is coming back."

"Hm, and why should I save your world? Mine is safe."

"I thought you'd ask this," he said, "simple. Once everything is done, you can have your father back."

"Back from where?"

"From my Earth. You can see him again, or let him die."

"There are hundreds of versions of my father, you expect me to save all of them?"

"No, but you can always start with one."

"Forget it," I said, "I'm not doing it."

"Please," Loki pleaded, "at least do it to help me."

"Help you?" I said, scratching my chin.

"I'm dead in your world," he said, "I need to stop myself from suffering the same fate."

"So you're being selfish?"

"No," he said, "for once in my life, I'm not."

"Explain."

"My brother," he said, "I never had the chance to fix things with him."

"Thor?"

"Yes."

I pondered this, on the edge of simply saying no. I never really studied the whole god thing, but I did hear about the broken relationship Loki and his brother had. Apparently his death sent Thor into depression and he became fat.

"Whatever," I said, "I have nothing better to do."

"So you'll help?"

"Yeah, I will."

Yeah, I got y'all again with my signature plot twists HAHA! There's more coming, just you wait ;)