38

(Y/N POV)

Tonight, tonight.

"NED?!"

Nothing like seeing two long lost friends find each other again. I had given the 'man in the chair' a real spy job, which he was all too willing to take up. I could have hired the FBI, but I only trusted the best of the best.

And that was Mr. Leeds.

"PETER!!" Agent 0 yelled back.

"NED!!"

"PETER!!"

"NED!!"

It was like I was back in highschool, watching the two bicker over hershey chocolate bars. They ran to each other, wrapping each other in a huge hug, and it put a smile on my face.

Not to be petty (which I always am), but when Peter wanted to move to Wakanda, he totally forgot about his best friend. Yeah, that was really petty, but I had a point!

"Okay, I'm glad you two are happy to see each other," I laughed, "but I need Agent 0 for a second."

"Wait-" Peter said, sticking out his hand, "do you remember?"

"Duh," Ned said back, "I can't believe you had to ask me that!"

In a blur, they quickly started doing the handshake they had in highschool. Personally, I wouldn't have remembered how to do that, but I'm glad they did. We all need friends like Ned.

"Okay, how can I be of service Miss Stark?" Agent 0 said, once he was done with the handshake.

"The doors open in an hour," I explained, typing the password into the control panel, "there will be top-level security at every entrance, so you don't have to worry about who's downstairs."

"What's going on?" Peter cut in, "what is all this?"

"Shh, Peter I'm talking to Ned," I said, directing my attention back to the screen, "so I already sent you the manual for this, but the password to get in is A-M-E-R-I-C-A-S, space, A-S-, dollar sign."

"Does that spell-"

"Don't ask Peter," I giggled, "you got that Ned?"

"Yep. the Man in the chair can handle this."

"Good, I'm going to head downstairs. Peter you can stay up here with Ned, if you want."

"Yeah, I will," he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into a kiss, "I'll see you tonight."

_

"Happy should we cancel this?"

I was getting last minute jitters, worried that this whole thing was a mistake. But I knew this was the only way I could do this, and the only time.

"No, I believe in you," Happy said, "don't worry, if anything goes wrong, we have security ready to pounce."

"Okay... I'm just worried this isn't going to work."

"It will. I promise."

I nodded, and took a step back from the window. I was staring outside, watching a line of eligible men begging to be let in. The party didn't start for another 10 minutes, and we had to make sure everything was up to check before they were allowed.

"Stark," Adaki said, walking up behind me, "I just spoke to the caterer, he said he's all set with the food."

"Ah, thanks Adaki," I said, before noticing she was wearing the same outfit as yesterday, "are you going to dress up for the party?"

"No. I wasn't planning on going."

"Are you sure, I have some extra dresses if you want to borrow!"

"I'm okay. Have a nice night, Y/N."

She turned on her heels and started heading off towards the elevator. That was nothing short of strange, but I didn't focus on it. I had a party to attend to. Glancing at my watch, I took a deep breath and nodded at Happy.

"Ready?" I asked.

He nodded back.

"Ethan, open the doors."

_

my love life sucks ya'll