19

(Y/N POV)

Taste of love.

1 new message!

I looked down at my phone and saw the alert. I was on my way to the house Loki was trapped in, my hands gripped on the steering wheel.

4 new messages!

I couldn't pick my phone up from where it was lying in the passenger seat, so I didn't know who and why someone was texting me. I assumed it was Loki, so I didn't try to open them.

9 new messages!

"Bucky's sake," I muttered, "Ethan can you display the messages please?"

"Of course Miss Stark. Please advise caution while driving."

"I'm almost there, don't worry."

I looked up at the screen Ethan had pulled up for me, and sighed when I saw Loki's name on the contact listing. He sent me 14 messages in the span of 1 minute, all of them completely ridiculous:

Please hurry

I'm dying out here

Stark

Are my messages going through

I COULD DIE BY THE TIME YOU GET HERE

I'm dead

Oh, so know you don't care that I died

??!!!

If you don't hurry up, I'll have to punish you

I meant torture by that remark, I forgot mortals had immature thoughts.

Let me rephrase again

Not torture, but I will make your life a living hell.

STARK WHERE ARE YOU

"My life is already a living hell," I mumbled to myself, "torture doesn't seem that bad, actually."

"Message sent."

"NO ETHAN DON'T SEND THAT."

"My apologies, it's already been delivered."

"OH MY GOD!"

2 new messages!

I scrunched my forehead, muttered curses under my breath. I thought this week could not get any worse, but Ethan showed me that it definitely could.

"I don't want to read it," I whined, trying to avert my eyes from Loki's response, "I hate my life."

Soon enough, curiosity got the better of me, and I looked over at the message displayed on my car window.

I'll keep that in mind ;)

HURRY UP STARK

I rolled my eyes, and pursed my lips together. Loki knew better than to take my message seriously, but he was just as immature as every other boy in NYC. I could almost picture the smirk on his face as he read my text.

I pulled up into the driveway of the apartment complex, and looked at the crowd forming in front of the door. Loki said he was on the fifth floor, which made my job a lot harder.

"Ethan," I said, "whats my projection battery at?"

"15%. Estimated time remaining, 6 minutes."

"Why wasn't it charged?"

"The last time this function was used was yesterday night. You have not instructed a battery replacement."

"What?" I groaned, "I didn't use it yesterday!"

"My data says otherwise."

"Whatever. I'm putting you under a full scan report when we get home, your system's off."

"Of course Miss Stark. Accuracy is my first and foremost concern, other than your safety."

"I don't need safety at the moment, Loki does. Can you create a 4D scan of Tim Hiddlesticks?"

"Do you mean Tom Hiddleston?"

"Uh yeah, him."

I popped open the dashboard compartment, and pulled out my control laptop. Propping it up on my lap, I glanced outside of my tinted windows. With every second, the crowd started to swallow up the apartment in a mass of screaming and shouting. I sunk lower into my seat, hoping the light from my computer didn't shine through the glass.

"Scan complete. Please enter directions."

I typed in the coordinates of the house into the system, and programmed the specific movements I needed my projection to take. On the side of the complex was a long flight of fire escape stairs, but the bottom was swarming with people trying to get a picture.

"Can you get Loki on the phone?"

"Yes. Dialing Master Loki."

As I finished up the coding, I hovered the cursor over the Proceed button. I heard the shuffle of the god picking up his phone, and he whispered into the phone.

"Tell me you're here," he said, trying not to get caught, "she's asking me to follow her on finstacam."

"You mean instagram?"

"I don't care what it is, just get me out of here."

"Jeez, chill. I'm working on it."

"What's the plan?"

"I'm going to distract the paps and lead them down the next block. You'll have a 6 minute time span to get out of the building and into the car. I'm parked across the street, but my battery life is on 15%."

"Irresponsible. Learn to charge your devices."

"Shut up. Are you ready?"

"Always."

"Hitting Enter now."

I tapped on the button, and watched as a holographic projection of Tom Hiddleston run down down the fire escape and down the street. I couldn't tell if the visual was accurate, since I've never seen the celebrity before, but it fooled the crowd outside. They went running after Tom, snapping photos and screaming louder than before.

Once the area was cleared, I saw Loki poke his head out of the doorway and scamper into the car. He jumped into the passenger seat, panting.

"You don't get much exercise, do you?" I teased, "you ran a couple feet and you're acting like it was a whole marathon."

"I normally don't walk to my destinations."

"Then how do you stay so skinny?"

"I find other means of exercise," he said, winking.

"Get out of the car," I groaned, rolling my eyes, "you're the equivalent of a modern day Frat boy."

_

Comment something you've noticed about the story.

(School's canceled for me, so I need something to do. I'd love to read through your responses!)