You Don't Want Girl Cooties

Jamal's P.O.V

I parked in my mom's drive way and quickly got out the car. I was trying with everything in me to stay calm.

I rang the doorbell and soon got impaitent. I tapped my foot on the floor as I rang the doorbell again.

I waited a little while longer as I was about to ring it again but my mom opened the door.

"Where's Cheyenne." I said walking in passed her and she turned me around.

"Jamal before you go up there ima need you to calm yo ass down, you just rang the doorbell 3 times back to back and I heard your foot tapping from all the way inside the kitchen.

"Sorry mama." I said lowly and she nodded.

"Are you calm no--"

"Yes. Chey in her room?" I asked looking behind my mom and was about to go up there until she stopped me. I looked down at her and she gave me a look.

"Don't go up there causing a scene now, Cheyenne already thinks that this is her fault. I just stopped her from crying. She's upstairs playing with her dolls. Just act like nothing happened." she said and I went to speak again but she put her hand over my mouth and shook her head. I sighed and went upstairs and knocked on Cheyenne's door. 

"Come in." I heard her sniff and I little bit of anger shot through me. I opened the door and saw Cheyenne on the floor braiding a dolls hair.

"Hi JJ." she said taking a quick look at me and back down at her braid. She sniffed and was slowly crossing her fingers over another as she made the braid.

"Hey." I said as I sat down next to her and she looked at me and made a look.

"Your too close, back up, a girl needs her space." she said pushing me and I kissed my teeth moving away.

"While you backing up can you get me a purple hair tie to match my doll's dress?" she said and I looked back and saw a glittery box. I reaached back to get it and opened it up. I looked through it and saw every color but purple. 

"So wassup?" I asked her since it was awkwardly silent and she shrugged. 

"Nothing, me Stacey, and Andrea getting switched to a new school." I finally found a purple hair tie and threw it next to her. 

"How come?" I asked and she looked next to her and kissed her teeth. 

"No Jamal I wanted the dark purple one." she said and took the box from me and looked through it.

"And I heard mommy call you and tell you. And I heard you scream so I already know you know." she said and I didn't say anything. 

"How come you didn't tell anybody?" I asked and she looked at me. 

"Because I didn't want to get in trouble." 

"Your not in trouble." I said and she shook her head. 

"The police want me to go to them tomorrow to talk about it, this lady says she wants to talk to me and Andrea and Stacey all together to help us through this, but the thing is I don't want to talk about it. I didn't want all of this to happen." she said. 

"We--"

"Excuse me." I turned around and saw a tall white lady that had shoulder length blonde hair and green eyes. She had on blue jeans and a pink sweater. I guess she's trying to look friendly. 

"Yeah?"

"Can I talk to Cheyenne? Alone." she said and I gave her a look. 

"Yeah, I know after all this its hard to trust people with leaving her alone, but I promise I won't hurt her."