Why Didn't You Tell Me

Liza P.O.V

I drove to Dunkin Donuts with one of my security guards driving behind me. I parked the car and got out locking it. I opened the door to and looked behind me and saw Jackson my body guard get out his car and lean against it. I turned around and just ordered a chocolate sprinkled donut and some coffee. I checked the time and noticed I was here 10 minutes early. I took a bite out my donut and sipped some coffee while I waited.

Michael finally came in and I had to bite down on my lip to keep from smiling. He looked around the store until his eyes set on mine. He walked over to me and took a seat.

"Hey--"

"Hi." He said impatiently and we sat in a awkward silence.

"You don't want anything?" I asked and he shrugged and sighed.

"Why am I here?" He asked propping his elbow onto the table and leaning into his fist.

"Cause.....cause.....I didn't mean to break up with you."

"You didn't mean to?" He said giving me a 'really nigga' face.

"No, just let me explain." I said.

He leaned back nodding and crossed his arms.

"This goes back to all the way back when I was around 15, and I was in the U.K at the time. I missed my bus and had to walk home from school. So me and my friend walked home and she lives on the opposite end of the street. So we said our goodbyes and we went our separate ways. I was almost home when a car was slowing down beside me. I started walking faster and ended up walking past my house. I didn't want to lead the stranger to where I lived. I knew there was a library about 5 blocks down my house so I decided to go there. The car was still following me and I decided to run. As soon as I ran the car was speeding down the road so I stopped and ran the way I just came from. I figured if I turned around and sprinted down the street and made a left turn and a few more to lose him I would be safe. I thought it worked cause I didn't see a car in the street and I decided to hide behind a bush so if he was driving around the streets again he wouldn't see me." I looked up at Michael and saw him looking me dead in the eye. I couldn't take it so I looked back down.

"I thought I was safe so after a few minutes when I knew for sure he was gone I got up and started walking down the street again. I jogged down to my house and got quickly got inside. I remember I was up in my room eating some Doritos and watching this show. I got up to go use the bathroom and came back. For some reason I looked out my window and took a double take. The car that was following me was outside my house. My parents were at work and my brother had basketball practice so I was home alone. The guy got out the car...." I trailed off and shook my head.

"He got out the car and broke into my house. I tried hiding at first but then got out to jump out the window. Im scared of heights so jumping out took me a while bit before I even had the chance someone grabbed me from behind and took me. I remember screaming, fighting, and holding onto the wall to prevent me from being kidnapped. It didn't work. I ended up living with the guy that kidnapped me and had to do things I didn't want to. It lasted a little over 2 years. I tried escaping so many times, making plans better then the last one and ended up getting beaten and raped each and every time I tried. But one time, I finally got him. I caught him while he was sleeping and poured boiling water on him and beat him with the pan until I thought for sure he was dead. So I left the house, walked atleast 20 miles to a old town and to the police station. After that I was finally back with my family and lived with them for a couple months before I moved back to America with my older brother."

"Wow.... " Michael said speechless.

"Liza--"

"There's more."  I said cutting him off. "Just a couple years ago he came back. I thought I had it under control. I was wrong. Before he would just follow me around and threaten me. But just a couple weeks ago he was back in his old habits, using me. He's the reason I broke up with you. Its was either that....or he would kill you."

"Liza why the fuck didn't you tell me." He said through gritted teeth.

"I --"

"He was here for years and you didn't tell no damn body, and that got you raped. And what if he really did kill me, it would be your fault cause you wouldn't open your mouth and tell somebody.

"I know--"

"You don't keep shit like this a secret Elizabeth you tell some-fucking-body." He said and I was surprised at the fact he used my whole name.

"I was scared."

"Why were you scared? We could of called the police or some shit or get you security guards that watch you 24/7. You kept this shit to yourself, I told you everything about me, remember? That one night when we talked about our past so we could let it go and focus on us? You remember that shit right?" He yelled and I nodded.

"And you decided to keep that huge secret from me? Really?  Look where it got you." he got up from the table and looked down at me. He looked like he wanted to say more but bit his tongue. He shook his head and balled his fists up storming out. I watched him out the window and saw him angrily open his door and slam other back. He quickly drove off and I looked down at my half eaten donut and cold coffee.

Fuck.