Chapter Two.

"Good morning, papa", I said over the phone the next day.
"Ngozi, how are you?",he asked in his usual relaxed tone.
"I'm fine, papa. kedu?" How are you?
"I heard you were taken captive by the Hausa organization. What did they want?", He asked completely disregarding my question.
"They were asking where to find you.", I replied.
I was hurt , I wouldn't let it show.
He'd be mad if I showed any emotion. I wasn't allowed to.
He wouldn't let me love him or anyone else. Being born into the organization  meant I could lose everything and everyone in the blink of an eye, and even when that happens, I wasn't allowed to be moved.
I was supposed to fight back and  kill every uncle fucking fool that hurt my family, not because I loved them, buy because my only job was to defend the organization.
My organization.
It would be mine after my father died.
"You kept your mouth shut okwa ya?", Right?
"As always, papa".
I heard him call someone a goat and a gunshot before the line went dead.
No good bye.
I flung the phone on the bed and hoped it would fall. I had gotten it two days ago. I wanted another one today.

My radio was turned on, giving me Osadebe's songs back to back. If papa was here, I would have played my songs through my earphones. He hated music. To be honest, Papa hated everything.
Everything that wasn't the organization and somehow, I was supposed to be exactly like him.
Well, this girl ain't cut out for that kind of shit.
I had been trained  in the twenty years of my life to kill and not feel a thing. It took me quite a while to find out it was not exactly possible because there were nights I mourned my mother.
I cried because I knew she had died because she loved me.
She loved me.
Papa didn't, but she did, and she told me every single day when  he wasn't listening.
The day he had heard her say it was the very day I turned six.
He had his men cane her till she died.
Mondays were not for memories.

I got out of bed and slipped into my jeans. These men would never give me food until I came down myself.
Emmanuel was in the kitchen when I walked in and sat down at the dining.
"Ngo nwunye m", he joked. Ngo, my wife.
"Emmanuel, you don't want to feed me today okwa ya?"Right, I asked laughing at his joke.
Papa didn't want me showing emotions didn't mean I couldn't.
"Ah how can? ", He said winking at me and turning back to the frying pan on the cooker.
Emmanuel was my cousin. The only one of my mother's relatives I  knew. The  only reason he was still alive was that he'd been marked with the seal of the organization, a tattoo we all bore  as a pledge to the organization.
I glanced at mine quickly and looked away from my wrist.
Emmanuel had told me what had happened to my mother.
"Don't hate your father. He was only making sure you learnt to be strong", he had said when I cried in my room.
He was my only friend here.
"Did you hear of the new member?", He asked, his back still turned to me.
"New gini?"What?
I hadn't heard of any new anything.
How could I run an organization where they never told me anything?!
Fucking retards! Every one of them! Mumu people!

****************************

"What is your name, nwoke m?"My man, I asked the man Emmanuel had sent upstairs to my room after breakfast.
He was tall, very tall and had the kind of dark skin any woman would die for.
He had broad shoulders and....
Fuck it, he was absolutely sexy.
"Lotachukwu.",he replied calmly.
He was looking right into my eyes with beautiful eyes that I wanted to crawl into and live for as long as possible.
Blood of Jesus!

"Lotachukwu, have you been marked?", I asked trying to stay focused.
This man would not be my end. Tufiakwa. God forbid it.
"Yes, I have."

I swallowed, trying to make sure my voice stayed far away from shaky and hoping I still sounded authoritative.
"You know what that means? You are now property of the Igbo organization. You will follow the rules or you will be killed.", I said and he nodded in agreement. I noted how his eyes didn't look surprised by my statement. He wasn't scared and he knew alot already.
Perfect. My kind of person.

"Alright, you may leave. Nnoo". Welcome.
I watched him leave and wished I  hadn't let him go. I could have asked him to sit and let me stare at the masterpiece he was. He shut my door and I lay back until my back touched the bed, speaking out loud to myself.
"Ngozi, no go use your hand fall your hand oh.", Don't mess yourself up.

Second chapter done!!! I'm still excited!!! Tell me what you all think  of this chapter and what you think might happen next.
Oh and just in case you're wondering, yes, I'm Nigerian and I'm igbo. Proudly too.
Enjoy my lovelies.
And remember, I love everything about everything.