Chapter Ten.

For Prosper.

NOTE: Remember to vote for my book by hitting the star on the bottom of the page if you're enjoying my story.
Also, do well to leave comments.

Yemi was sitting with her arms wrapped around her knees when I woke up. This time, I didn't have to sit up for the pain to tear at me ferociously.

"Yemi?", I whispered, opening my eyes no wider than a crack.
Thankfully, the room was dimly lit so no lights blinded me.

"Ngozi, you're up.", She said sounding almost happy, then she choked and I could hear her sob.
"I thought you were dead."

"Well, I'm not.", I said ignoring the pain and sat up slowly with Yemi helping me.

"We need to leave here.", I whispered.
"How? We can't even get out of the room, not to mention the freaking building.", She said waving her hands in the air before running them across her face multiple times.
A definite drama queen.

"Besides, those men are armed and we're weak. We're probably going to die in here."

She crawled all the way to the end of the room, the very place she had sat while she sang the other time.
I watched her shoulder tremble slightly and I could tell she was holding in tears.

I reached into the sleeve of my shirt and pulled out the combat knife I had stolen when the Yoruba anuofia flung me at his weapons. Wild animal.
I had a weapon, now all I needed was strength.

I pushed it back up my sleeve and closed my eyes.

******************************

Ikem's POV:

Ngozi had been missing for four fucking days.
Her father would never let us get get her back when she'd been taken by whichever fools and yet, he'd kill us for not being able to protect her.

Ngozi  usually got home on  her own,saving us all the strength, but this time she was taking way to long to come home and I had begun to get worried.

The auction was in two days and the entire house was in confusion. I could see it in their eyes that they wanted to find her and kill every bloody person that laid a finger on her.

Cherish had been crying. She hadn't eaten since the very day Ngozi hadn't come home from her occasional run and she'd been sleeping in Monday's room because Monday didn't want her to be left alone.

Those two, I sighed.

I'd never imagined Monday in love. He hadn't ever shown he had the ability to.
Well, actually nobody had.
Yet, here I was, head over heels with the Igbo Organization's heir.
I needed to know she was okay and within the safety of the house, of my arms, if possible.
She hadn't let me hold her since Emmanuel's funeral.

Or at least, I hadn't tried to.

Maybe if I had tried, she'd have let me.

Maybe.

I stood up and walked the length of my room, whispering curses as I held a cigarette between my middle and index finger.

The choices were obvious; save Ngozi and have my head severed from the rest of my body, or don't save her and still get your head chopped off for not making the safe house safe enough for the heir, all with the guilt that I couldn't save her or the rest of my men biting into me.

I held the cigarette to my mouth one last time and after exhaling, I dialled Monday's number on my phone.

"Kee ihe o bu?"What is it?, He sounded sick, most of us did these past days.
"Ask the men to suit up, we're going to find Ngozi."
I said.
He hung up without saying a word almost immediately.

I'm so sorry, for the delay!
Forgive me.
I hope you enjoy this part as well.
I love you!
And everything about everything 😊