Chapter Eight.

For Prosper.

Cherish's POV:

The noises coming from downstairs woke me up. These guys were always making noise.
Tufiakwa.

Only a week ago, I was living on the streets of Awka. Begging and stealing to eat and survive. Till that very night. A night that still brought me mixed feelings.

I had been roaming the streets, looking for a place to sleep since some stupid looking men had taken over our former place. Three men running out of nowhere and carrying me while I kicked and flailed my arms in vain is all I remember.
Somehow, I wound up here and now I was working for the Igbo organization.

Me!

I had heard of them. I had known only the little everyone else knew about the Igbo organization:
They were bad people.
They killed, kidnapped and raped people.
Now, I knew more.
Even more, I was working for them.

Thank God I had tried to escape. I had almost gotten myself killed, but it was worth it. And I was sure I wouldn't have to prostitute myself.

Score!

What still disturbed me was the reason Ngozi would ask me to join her organization.
Did she know my past?
The things I had done to survive?

Did she know I had killed some random guy with a piece of jagged glass because he had called me a stupid ashawo?

Or that I had stolen a woman's bag at the market because I was hungry?

What of that time I had hit  someone too hard on the head and she fainted then I got scared and ran away.
The next time I passed by that road, I could see the decaying mass that had become of her. Nobody had even cared to move the body.

A constant reminder that street children had no one to care for them.That was why we did what we did.

"You'd want to come downstairs for breakfast or those mumu boys will chop everything.", Ngozi said startling me.
I had forgotten she had slept beside me just like Boma would have if I we're back under the bridge.
I sat up on the bed and saw her pulling on the straps on her joggers to tighten them around her waist.
"Good morning", I whispered getting out of bed.
"Good morning, Cherish. How are you?"
No one had asked me that before.

"I'm fine."

******************************

Monday's POV:

It couldn't be.
Mba. No.

This wasn't the ashawo from the other night.
She was darker than this nahhh. Was it possible to grow boobs and ass overnight?
"Good morning! ", She said, an absolutely captivating look of innocence and cheerfulness plastered on her face.

Ngozi never greeted in general.

"Good morning", I said not exactly sure how I had gotten to them so quickly.
"Ah Tuesday, Kee the way?"What's up?,  Ngozi asked teasing me.

I didn't have the will power to tease her as well, I just wanted to Stare at this beautiful girl.

She had moved away, reaching up to pick something on the cupboard above.

Ah Abba Father! See nyash! . Booty.

"Monday! Na woman go kill you! ", I heard someone shout and before I knew how to defend myself, she had spun around and was smiling at me.
Me!
I smiled back. Hopefully, it wasn't too wierd.
Damn it.
"Why you come dey shine teeth like goat kwanu?".
These boys will not kill me!
"Samuel, your father is the king in a village of bastards. Thunder piagbuo gi there". Thunder kill you there, I yelled back.

*****************************
Cherish's POV:

Monday was my closest friend so far. Well, with exception of Ngozi.
He taught me to use a gun and to defend myself Even while unarmed.
I liked him to say the very least and I actually felt he liked me too.
"You should keep your arm this way." , He said standing so close behind me I could feel his breaths as he whispered into my ears.

I wasn't sure why his breaths seemed like they were shaky or if the bulge that was currently pushing into my lower back was his belt, but it caused a certain wetness between my legs and made my own breaths shaky.

"Are you putting on a belt? ", I asked, the question flying out from between my lips before I could bite my tongue against it.
"Gini?"What?
The look in his eyes showed embarrassment and suddenly, I realized what was actually going on.

He wanted me.
"Anyi ga ahuzi mgbe ozo" we will see later,  was the last thing he said before I reached up and pressed my lips into his.

He was completely still for a moment, during which I began to question my actions. But then his body began to relax and he reached up and positioned both hands behind my neck, deepening the kiss.

Note to self, this is the best thing I have ever done.

His tongue slowly parted my lips and thrust itself in, exploring every single part of my mouth.
I mimicked him, doing exactly what he did,
Nibbling on his lips, thrusting my tongue into his mouth.

Do me ,I do you, man no go vex!

Oh the greatness!

Finally, he pulled away and looked me right in my eyes.
"I think you're the most beautiful being I have ever come across. I want you to be mine".
I didn't even need to think about it.
"I'm yours."

He reached down again and covered my mouth with his.

I'm on a fucking horse to fucking wonderland, people!
E go be!

I'm soooooo sorry I took so long to write and trust me, I have a good reason for it.
I'm a dressmaker as well so I've been a bit busy with work.

So are you guys enjoying my book?🤭
Tell me please!
Comment!
Vote!
Share!
Enjoy!
Remember , I love everything about everything.
Good whatever the time is wherever you live 😘