Chapter Four.

Let me begin by apologizing for Lotachukwu's death. He totally wasn't supposed to die.
The thing is, in fact, he's my boyfriend's character in the book.
Funny story, my man pissed me off so I thought, if I couldn't kill him in real life, then I could just kill him in my book😊.

Now that the deed is done, I'd just decicate the whole book to him. So what the heck.

              For Prosper.

Emmanuel's coffin was painted white. It reminded me of the sweater he had given me to put on the night we had burnt down the organization's base in Delta. I had gotten drenched in the rain and he had given me his sweater.
"Were! I na a ma jijiji ka okuko!" Take! You are shivering like a fowl!
I would have laughed if I wasn't at his funeral.
Emmanuel was actually dead.

I walked up the platform and turned to face my men. A good number of them had survived.
All wore black and were seated in the auditorium.

What number is good enough without Emmanuel?
"We are gathered here today to bid our brother farewell. K'anyi si ya ijeoma.
We all know how important Emmanuel was to the organization and to me. He was a great man, and he will not be forgotten.
Emmanuel, nwanne anyi. Naa n'udo. "Emmanuel our brother. Go in peace.
Tears stung my eyes as I spoke. They couldn't see me cry. I wouldn't let them Know I could cry.
Tufiakwa.

This wasn't happening. Emmanuel couldn't just die.
I stole occasional glances at the coffin, hoping he'd knock and ask us to get him out. But he didn't. He didn't.

I clenched my fists fighting to hold in the tears. It wasn't working. Tears were streaming down my cheeks, blurring my vision.
Cheeee, see fuck up!!
My shoulders shook and I just burst . I let it all out. I was crying and they could see me. They could confirm now that I was human. I could love, just like papa hadn't wanted me to.
I was weak.

Hands I had become familiar with  during the past two weeks held my shoulders softly and lead my down the stairs.

It was Ikem.
The man that had killed the two remaining Hausa fools the day Emmanuel died and the same person that had carried me into my room when I knelt by Emmanuel to cry. I had grown fond of him and even craved the minutes he spent begging me to go to bed or eat.

I had been speaking to pretty much just him since the attack and he had been doing a great job at consoling  me. That is apart from the moments when I wanted to twist his ear and knock him because he was talking rubbish about life having to go on without Emmanuel.

He was right though. Life had to go on just like it did when other people died. It would be difficult, but he was right.

"My Papa didn't come", I said as soon as we walked into my room.
"Mr Obioha never attends our funerals.", He pointed out.
I knew that.
But wasn't this one different?
Emmanuel was family.
Oh, my father didn't give two fuck's about family.
Tears welled up in my eyes again and I wiped them lazily with the back of my hands.
"O zugo. You need to rest" it's okay.
Taah gbafuo, rest isi gi there !

I walked over to my bed and lay down. He pulled the sheets over me and stood for a few moments before turning around and walking out of the room.

Everything was quiet after he left. There was absolute silence and I hated it. I needed a little action if I was going to forget anything about what had happened. That was why when I called my father in the evening, I told him I wanted to leave.
"Leave to where, Ngozi?",he asked.
I hadn't exactly thought of where I wanted to go to. I looked at Ikem for an idea but he was too surprised to think of a place I could tell Papa.
"Papa, I just want to go to a more active place. This place is too dull for me."
I couldn't believe my own words. I got kidnapped at least once in every two weeks and there was definitely an organization planning to attack us and take our loss to their advantage at the very moment and here I was talking rubbish about needing more action.
I suddenly began to regret my words.
My father let out a sigh before he spoke.
"Ngozi, I will place you in charge of trafficking and drugs. That will bring a little more activity into your life. As for moving, I will not allow that."
Fair enough, I thought.
Half bread is better than none Biko.
"Yes papa ."
"Make sure every man is at his post at all times. If we have another attack, I don't want to lose any more men. I na ege nti?"
Are you paying attention ?
"Yes papa."
He hung up and I turned to look at Ikem.
"When did you think of that nwa a?", He asked. This child. 
Child? What the balls!?
"He said I'd be in charge of trafficking and drugs."
He smiled and shook my hand.
"I'll teach you everything you need to know."
Yay! More Ikem time.

Sorry I took longer than expected. I have been sleeping 😊
Soooo my people. I need ideas now. What do think is missing in my book?
What do you think should happen next?
Please and thank you 😊
Don't forget to vote tho!
And guess what? Yup, I love everything about everything.