Chapter Three

Who wants to help me design my book cover!? Yippee!
Division of labour!
Writing is fun 😊

I had been avoiding the new guy for the past one week and since all I ever did was eat and ghost away in my room till Emmanuel came up to train with me, it was quite easy.
I was still in bed, eyes closed and dancing in my head to one of osadebe's songs when I heard the first gunshots.
I sat up in bed wondering the fuck that was.

When I heard nothing more for a while, I lay back down and sang out loud this time.
The next round of shots came and I jumped out of bed and grabbed my guns, shoving one in my jeans pocket and holding the second in both my hands.
If we we're under attack, my plan was to kill as many men as possible.
Their fathers are all mad.
I turned the door handle and stepped out of my room, the first body I saw brought tears to my eyes.

Emmanuel lay dead on the ground. The blade of a knife buried deep into his skull.
I wanted to scream, but my mouth wouldn't let me. I just stared at the body.
For the first time, I noticed how metallic blood smelt and how the color red clouded my mind.
Dark spots danced before my eyes and my legs began to shake. I was going to fall.
No!
Hell no!
I turned and ran down the hallway. I started hearing
The fluent Hausa orders hit my ear as soon as I reached the stairs.
Fuckkkkk!!
The Hausa Bastards  we're back!
They killed Emmanuel!

I ran downstairs and shot the three scumbags my eyes saw first.
They were all dressed in white kaftans.
I enjoyed how the  blood seeped from their worthless bodies and stained their dresses.
I wanted to chop their body parts into peices the size of meat Emmanuel used to serve with his spaghetti.
Emmanuel.
Anger seeped through me and my blood boiled.
I was going to kill every one of those worthless humans.
Boom!
An explosion hit and shook the entire house.
I  fell on my knees , pieces of shattered glass pierced my knees and palm.
Fuck, my beautiful skin!
Mmadu ga agba Ara taa! Someone will run mad today!

I continued down the hall killing every kaftan wearing fool I came across.
I saw my men , most fighting to defend our organization, others dead on the floor.
Lotachukwu was one of the dead.

Nna he didn't even survive two weeks bikonu. Please.

I shot one man between his eyes and another in his leg.
Boom Boom!
None of them deserved to live.
They killed Emmanuel.
Fuck.
Emmanuel was gone.
The realization began to hit me, the strength in my body hinting that it was about to fail me.
Hell no!
Not while they still lived.
I glanced around room quickly, there were only two hausa's still standing and just as I raised my gun to shoot, a light skinned man I had not seen before gunned them down.

Joykiller.

I ran out the front door. I wasn't satisfied. There had to be more imbeciles to kill. There just had to be.

Outside was a bloody mess, at least thirty bodies lay dead on the ground.
I smiled. Most wore white kaftans.
The one sprawled closest to me was still breathing. Rapid drawn in breaths that showed he'd die in no distant time.
But, Mba, e jighi m egwu egwu. I can't be taken for granted.
Boom boom boom boom boom!!

I glanced back at him, his head was blasted open now.
Perfect. I spat at him and spoke loudly.
"May your family suffer and die from epilepsy!"
Family.
Emmanuel!
I ran back into the house and tripped on a body in a  white kaftan, got up  and shot the shit out of the corpse before I continued my race upstairs.
Emmanuel was still dead on the floor.
I knelt by him and stared.
I had hoped he'd stand up while I was fighting downstairs.
I had imagined he'd come downstairs and flash me that smile he always did just before we kicked ass.
I tapped his hand. He didn't move.
"Emmanuel? Nwanne m?"My brother.
Silence.
Fuck fuckity Fuck.
Emmanuel was dead.
My only friend, family. Dead.
I could feel my body jerking, shaking uncontrollably. I tried to suppress the tears as I shut my eyes but they threatened to burst through my face.

I screamed and let my feelings loose. I cried. For the first time ever. I cried.

Someone held me from behind and I curled into his arms, grabbing my shirt between my fingers and pressing my face to his broad ,hard chest.
"Ebezina, o ga di mma." Don't cry, it'll be fine.
Your father , it will be fine there!
I wanted to slap the back of his head and knock him, twist his ears.
He was talking rubbish. Okwu mpkofu. Gabbage.
Emmanuel was dead, nothing could ever be fine.
He held me tighter and suddenly, I wanted to be held like this for ever and ever.
He lifted me up and took me into my room.
No! I wanted to be with Emmanuel.
He lay me in bed and pulled the sheets over me.
"Ebezina. Sleep" Stop crying.
Morocco's Uba na Ese was  playing over the radio.
Emmanuel had loved that song, but he was dead.

Don't hate me, it had to happen.
I love everything about everything 😭