Chapter Five.

For Prosper.

Ikem's POV:

I had fallen for the devil's daughter.
But then again, weren't we all devils in this organization?

The problem wasn't that I had fallen for her. The problem was that I had fallen hopelessly for her. She was something I knew I could never have, yet I loved her a little more each time I saw her. I wanted her. I needed her.
Hopeless romantic!

Something must kill a man! Mine was going to be Ngozi Obioha.

I loved her and only what was left of my sanity at the moment kept me from walking up to her room and holding her. I wanted to see her at least. She was beautiful. Amazing. Wonderful.
Chineke,  even when she cried she looked perfect!
She was so young and yet so  strong.

I had only been so close to her for a few weeks and I already knew do much about her.
The way her lips quivered and turned down when she wanted to cry.
The way she unconsiously curled her free hand into a fist whenever she spoke to her father on the phone.
The way she looked like she was going to beat me like a child whenever I tried to reassure her that things were going to be fine Even without Emmanuel.
I knew she loved him. But now he wasn't here anymore, I wanted her to give me that love. All of it.

Cheee Ikem, see as girl don fuck you up sha.

Someone knocked on my door interrupting my  thoughts and startling me. I slid out of my bed and strolled barefooted to the door, my gun in the hand that was hidden behind my back.
If it wasn't Ngozi, I'd kill whatever fucker it was.

"Kee ihe o bu?", What is it?. I asked the man standing on the other side of the door.
It was Samuel. He had a smirk on his face. I was already expecting a stupid comment.
"You don't want me to come in?", He asked holding out both arms.
"Come in for what? You dey find anything?" I said moving my arm forward so he could get a clear view of the gun in my hand.
He glanced at it monentarily, a smile appearing on his face.
"I no come fight you oh, guy. I just come check how far". His hands were held up in front of him and he was moving away slowly.
I turned around and shut the door.
Fool.
I needed a bath. Hopefully, that would clear my head.

It didn't.

The shortest chapter I've written so far. I'm sorry, but I don't feel so good.
I hope you're enjoying the story though. Give me your opinions please.
Trust me, I love everything about everything.