6

Ellise

"Will you go onna date with me this Friday?" Fezco asked leaning against my car. We were outside of his house and I was dropping him off home.

"Y-yeah." It would be my first date and I'm already so excited. Friday is five days from now which gives me time to go shopping for my date. I could ask Rue or Jules to come with me and help me pick something out.

"I'll pick you up Friday, yeah?"

"Okay."

*

"Ellise."

"Rue." I smiled at her nervously. I was always nervous especially here in school.

I get so much anxiety here at school, it's filled with people and psychopaths.

And teachers and homework, let's not forget about homework. It's terrible coming into school six hours for five days, but hey that's not it, you still have homework.

Tons and tons of homewo-

"Ellise?" Snapping out of my thoughts I looked at Rue wide eyed.

"Yeah? S-sorry."

"There's a party this Saturday. You coming?"

"I don't really know ye-."

"Why is Nate Jacobs coming our way? Do you know him?" Rue cut me off staring wide eyed at where I'm assuming Nate Jacobs is.

"He invited me to his-"

"Ellise right?" Geez what is up with people cutting me off today.

"Y-yeah." I waved at him lamely.

"Will you be able to make it this Saturday?" He not once acknowledged Rue which was really weird, but hey he's nice.

"I don't think so, I don't have a ride so I'm not sure." In my defense it was half like half truth.

I was in the process of getting a new car, a pretty black Jeep. But I still have a bike and I could easily Uber.

"I'll pick you up, give me your number." He insisted.

Rue stared at me wide eyed once Nate left and made sure he was at a good distance before scolding me.

"What the heck was that about?! Nate Jacobs is a weirdo."

"I don't know I've talked to him like once."

I guess Rue took the hint that I didn't want to talk about him because she didn't press on further, besides I just want to think about Fez.