35

A single tear fell down Jungkook's face as he stared down at the new tombstone in the ground. The words on it only made him want to cry harder.

King Min Yoongi
March 9th, 931-March 9th, 2019

Based on written records and eyewitness soldiers, Yoongi had last been seen yes, on his birthday. No one else had seen him after. He ran into the burning castle that collapsed on his birthday.

Jungkook had never felt worse. He didn't even know Yoongi would be in a war for his birthday.

He got to his knees and sat down in front of it, letting his fingers softly trace the outer edge of the cold stone. It had been here for a week already, but he still cried every time he saw it. He couldn't believe this was real.

Just a few months ago, everything was fine. He was happy. With all six of his boyfriends. People who he never imagined he'd be happy with.

But then everything just fell apart.

Why does life work like that? Why does it have to be so cruel?

He stayed there for almost the whole day, like usual. It seemed to be all he knew how to do anymore. Just go out into the backyard and stare at the stone for hours and hours. He would cry a few times, then just stare at it blankly. Then he would get angry and start yelling, basically at whatever he saw. Then he would break down crying some more.

It was a constant cycle, every day. That is, until one of his boyfriends had to go out to get him to eat dinner.

He didn't want to believe it was true. But he knew it was. He just couldn't accept it.

People would be sent out in a few days to go out and collect the bodies left behind and bring them back to their families to have funerals and proper burials. Sure, Yoongi's body wasn't in the ground underneath him. But it would be soon. When they find him.

At least Jungkook will get to see him one last time.

That thought made him start crying again. He hadn't even thought about that. He felt crazy. He would cry one minute and the next he'd be yelling at birds for chirping happily. He was going crazy. He was letting his emotions control him too much. What was wrong with him?

He heard soft footsteps in the plush grass behind him. He knew it was one of the boys coming out to get him in for dinner.

"I'm not eating tonight." Jungkook choked out, weeping into his hands quietly as he rocked himself back and forth.

"The fuck are you crying in front of a rock with my name on it?"

🤡