4 장

CHAPTER FOUR

WHAT Lisa wants is happiness, who wouldn't? Isn't that what everyone wants? All these years she knew what - or who it was - it's Jennie. A life with her, beside her, loving her.

But Jennie's happiness is not with her.

She kept on telling herself that while lying on the bed of her dark, cold and lonely hotel room.

She needed something - anything - to stop the pain and to stop herself from dreaming about her future with her, because those dreams already belongs to someone else - yet here she is, letting herself drown in her thoughts, she could never stop thinking about her and hoping that they could be something more.

More.

It's that stupid word again.

If only she had stop hoping for more then maybe it wouldn't hurt like this, she should've accepted long ago that all they could ever be are friends... bestfriends.

But no, her heart was stubborn.

What's funny is she wanted something more but was afraid to try, to ask, to have the courage to risk what they have. And now she's left with regrets, with her what if's and what could've been.

The clock ticks, reminding her that only a few days is left before Jennie wears a ring on her finger that will bound her to someone else forever - she feels like she's losing her and she can't do anything about it, if only time would stand still.

Maybe a few drinks would help.

"Like what people say, if you want to forget... alcohol can be your friend," she sighed and shook her head. She knew she wouldn't forget Jennie nor the feelings she have for the brunette, but she can forget about all of it, for now.

-

Lisa felt her world spinning around as she walks along the hallway to her hotel room, she leaned her back on the wall as her blurred vision becomes worse and her surroundings become more and more unrecognisable.

"Lisa?" she heard someone call her name. "What happened to you?" her eyes squinted, then she felt someone holding her face. "Lisa-yah, are you drunk?! I can smell alcohol on you."

She smiled. "You care for me?"

"Of course I do, you are my bestfriend," she couldn't recognise who the person is, her vision's all blurry, but Lisa knows that the one she's talking to is a woman."

"You are not!" she raised a finger that caused the woman to back away, then she tried pointing her finger at her direction. "W-Where are y-you?" she heard her chuckle and pointed towards her. "You! Y-You are not my b-bestffriend!"

"If I am not your bestfriend then who is?"

"Jen shhh," she placed her finger on her lips. "Je-jennie sshh-shit," she laughed when she couldn't say it properly.

"What?" Lisa shook her head as she sensed annoyance on the woman's voice.

"Jennie-ssi," she slumped on the floor. "J-Jennie, m-my bestfriend w-who's going to get m-married tomorrow n-night."