Chapter 4: How Did We Lose

Natsu's POV

"TAILED BEAST PLANETARY RASENSHURIKEN!!!!" He yelled throwing his attack and that monster threw it's attack into his.

I was engulfed in the attack yelling in pain. I layed on the ground and saw him approach me before I passed out, but I remember what he said. 'We'll meet again, Natsu Dragneel.'

I woke up what seemed like hours later. I saw my friends all scattered around the area. I slowly made my over to Erza.

"E-Erza wa-wake up." I shook Erza who got up slowly

"Na-Natsu, what happened? Where's the target?" She said looking around

"He b-beat us and got away." I said ashamed

Erza looked at me and put a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be ok, Natsu we'll get him next time."

I nodded slowly and saw Lucy and Gray waking up.

"Natsu!!!" Lucy screamed and ran over and hugged me.

"You alright Luce?" I asked and she nodded

"Gray protected me at the last minute when the attack bursted through the ice wall." She says gesturing to Gray

"Thanks ice queen." I said

"Its cool flame brain." Gray said looking at Gajeel, Wendy, and the Thunder Legion who were still unconscious.

"Natsu what happened after he knocked us out?" Gray asks

I tense up looking down remembering how I used Dragon Force to put him down but it wasn't enough. I stay silent refusing to answer. Gray notices my silence and walks over to me.

"You don't have to say, but I know you tried your best." He says

Gajeel wakes up to an unconscious Wendy in his arms.

"Gajeel how do you feel?" Erza asks

"Like I got hit by a truck." Gajeel shakes his head picking himself and Wendy off the ground.

"That was a good thing of you to protect Wendy like that." Gray says

Gajeel smirks, "She's a good kid, but I  couldn't watch her be ripped to shreads by that attack."

The Thunder Legion starts waking up looking around and seeing us.

"What happened? Did Uzumaki get away?" Freed asks

I look down thinking its my fault he got away.

"He defeated us and got away with his companions he was traveling with." Erza says

"Let's head back to the guild." Gray says

Everyone but me nods. We start making our way to our guild but I  was in the back hiding behind my hair. Erza opened the guilds front door and everyone say the looks on our faces. I sat in the corner of the guild.

Master Makraov walked over to Erza "What's wrong with Natsu?"

"He's upset. He thinks its his fault that we failed." Erza says

Mirajane's POV

The group that went to take on Naruto Uzumaki came back, but the looks on their faces they lost badly. Natsu sat in the dark part of the guild, Erza and Lucy sat at the bar, Gray sat with Juvia, Gajeel carried Wendy to the infirmary with the Thunder Legion behind him.

Master Makarov walked up to Erza asking "What's wrong with Natsu?"

"He's upset. He thinks its his fault we failed." Erza says