socius

"I'm going to scan the area to see if I can find them. I'll leave you two here for now; it's easier on me and then you won't get super disoriented. I'll be back in a few minutes," Pietro tells me when we reach the edge of the camp. I'm wearing our pack on my back and Bucky has a few weapons tucked into the pockets of his suit, though I doubt he's planning on using them. I nod as Pietro wraps me in a hug and gives me a quick kiss. "I'll be right back."

"Okay," I laugh out gently. I run my hands from their place on Pietro's shoulders down his arms and take his hands, giving them a reassuring squeeze. "Go find our friends."

With this, Pietro smiles and winks at me, releasing my hands and turning to run off. He leaves me in a small cloud of dust, and I can't help but laugh as I'm coughing from it.

"Idiot," I say to myself as I continue laughing and Bucky walks up to me.

"Boyfriend of yours really knows how to make an exit, huh?" He asks as he bumps my shoulder.

"He's so dramatic considering he's only gone for a few seconds," I say back, rolling my eyes as my smile remains on my face.

"Well, for him it's longer than a few seconds. It's honestly pretty sweet how much he cares for you, Avie," Bucky says, and I nod my head as my heart beats a little faster and I feel a soft blush appear on my face.

"Yeah, it is." I'm about to say more when a gust of wind wipes any thoughts I had out of my mind. Pietro stands in front of us again, wearing a small smile.

"I found them. Who's going first?" Pietro asks, and I look to Bucky. He nods when I look at him, and so I look back to Pietro.

"I will." I can't keep the smile off my face when I say this, the exhilaration of finding more people ramping up my heart rate and my hope. Pietro closes the distance between us easily and picks me up with ease, my arms naturally finding their spot behind his back and my legs curling around one of Pietro's arms.

"You better not carry me like that when you take me," Bucky calls out right before Pietro takes off, making me laugh.

Within seconds, I'm planted on the ground and Pietro takes off to get Bucky. The dust around me is creating a thick cloud and it takes me a moment for everything to settle, both in my mind and around me, before I realize where I am. Through the dust, I see a that just a few feet away from me stands a man, holding guard in front of someone else. I feel a burst of wind which brings another bout of dust behind me and vaguely hear Pietro and Bucky talking, but my mind is too focused on the people slowly revealing themselves from the dust in front of me.

It's Tony and Peter. They're still alive, and they're standing in front of me.

The dust is now close to being completely gone and I see Tony still holding his protective stance in front of Peter. A thought races through my mind at the sight of it. They think you're the enemy. My eyes widen at the thought and I take in a small shuddering breath.

"Tony?" My voice is small, but it's enough to cut through.

"Aveline?" He asks back, and the arm he was using to keep Peter back drops as he slowly walks toward the disappearing wall of dust. I start walking toward him too, and once he sees me out of the settling dust he begins to jog toward me. I'm quickly locked in a tight embrace, and I return it just as genuinely as Tony gives it.

"Tony," I say again, and after a few moments we release from the hug. He holds me by the shoulders protectively, looking at me from the top of my head to my toes, searching for injuries.

"Are you okay? I've been so worried, I thought you were going to get hurt," he says once he completes his evaluation of the small visible wounds on my body.