49

"HYUNG WAIT!!!" you yelled as you spotted a bunch of small yellow flowers "PULL OVER!!!"

Jungkook abruptly pressed the breaks and the car cam to a halt.

You grabbed your bag and pulled out a camera as soon as you were out.

"What's going on?" He asked as he followed you.

"Hyung, see that small bunch of yellow flowers?" you pulled him in towards yourself and pointed at the tiny crack in the polished wall that was once slope of a mountain.

"Yeah?"

"They're super rare flowers. And I need to get a shot. You see this drain between the mountain and this road? It's going to make it difficult for me but um... You hold me!"

"What?"

"I'm gonna lean in, and you hold me tight from the back, okay?"

"Uh... Okay,"

"Great! So hold me like this, your hands around my waist so I don't fall off" you pushed your back into Jungkook and he lightly groaned, feeling aroused by this intimate touch as he wrapped his hands around you.

"Don't let me fall, okay?"

"Never,"

"There we go,"

You had to lean forward, and more leaning forward meant more pressure on Jungkook. And he didn't want to show it, didn't want to feel it but it was impossible for him to ignore it. His cheeks started burning and his body felt hot. He put his head on your shoulder to calm himself, but just a single whiff of your scent and it made him even more aroused.

But...

There was something off, and he just couldn't understand why it felt different. Why you didn't feel like... the other guys.

Why didn't you smell like them...?

"Hyung? You okay in there?" You asked, turning your head to him as he just looked at you and your lips slightly brushed with his.

"I SAW THAT!" Saera yelled from their car passing by, with her head peeping out of the window and fist waving threateningly in the air.

"Uh... Okay, that... haha, we almost had a gay sort of kiss..." you stumbled backwards and he reluctantly let you go.

"Wouldn't want it gay" he rolled his eyes and started walking back towards his car, hurt, confused and unsettled.

"Can I... get a few more?" You asked sheepishly.

"Saera will be mad, we need to reach there before sunset and set up the stuff, you know"

"Oh, Okay I guess. Thanks for letting me get those pictures though" you said getting in the car and putting the camera in the backseat "I'll tag you on my insta.. if you don't object to that I mean obviously you're like super popular, you wouldn't wanna..."

"I would. I would love to let people know that we have a connection," he pressed your hand and looked into your eyes.

 I would love to let people know that we have a connection," he pressed your hand and looked into your eyes

Jungkook held the guitar, playing random tunes and giving you and Saera glances. You were seated close to her, opposite to him on a wooden log in front of the blazing orange flames.

And how accurately those cracking, burning twigs embracing the flames represented his heart. It would burn and burn just like them, until only the ashes were left, and the person in front of him would only enjoy, would never care about him or his heart or his pain.

He just... couldn't help feeling jealous, as he kept seeing the person you were to marry in his sister's form.

"They look so cute together" Marie clapped her hands, leaning in to tell Yoonsoo, as Saera giggled cutely at something you said.

"I should take pictures!" Yoonsoo took out her phone and started taking snaps.

"I ship him with Jungkook though" Booyoung yawned.

"Shut up you're just jealous because she gets to suck him and not you," Marie said, scrolling through her phone.

"You're so homophobic Oh my God" Booyoung replied, rolling her eyes.

"Your mom is homophobic!" Marie replied angrily.

"Yeah she kinda is"

Jungkook didn't want to be a part of that conversation. He just wanted to everyone else other than you to disappear so he could hold you, love you, kiss you, cuddle you but the people around weren't the problem. He could fight anyone for you.

"The problem is that wall you've built around yourself Kim, and no matter what I do, I can never break it down..." he thought.

"Hey hyung, why don't you sing us a song?" You asked him out of nowhere, clapping your hands.

"W-what? No I..."

"Come on, you have a beautiful voice!"

"I  wish you were into women," Yoonsoo sighed, turning to him.

"I wish you were into me but since you're not, I'm glad you're into dudes" Booyoung told him.

"Hyung! Please!" Behind the orange glow you made a pout and his heart melted, just like it always did, only for you.

"O-Okay..." he cleared his throat and soon his angelic voice spilled along with the beautiful music.

"Please don't see...

Just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies...

Please

See me...

Reaching out for someone I can't see.

Take my hand let's see where we wake up tomorrow.

Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand..."

You looked at him and he wasn't just a guy you saw. You saw love, so much love in those dark, sparkling eyes as he looked at you while his fingers effortlessly played the guitar. You saw so many promises, so many possibilities, so many colours, so much more than the grey future you had seen with Jimin.

You could feel his burning gaze on you that was surprisingly so soft, just like the fire in front of you. Burning, but still the warmth was so soft, so comforting.

Would it burn if you touched it?

Would the flames consume you?

Or would you finally find the fire that can keep you going in harsh cold winter nights?

What if you just reached out, and held him, and let him discover who you were?

Bit by bit...

If you lay everything bare in front of him?

Let him know you, your soul, your body...?

Let him do what he wanted and see if he still wanted it after he knew?