Chapter 6

Bastien awakes to the blackbird's high-pitched singing and a chilly morning breeze. He slowly peels his eyes open and takes in his surroundings. Right, I got high then crashed in Bethany's room. He looks down and watches Bethany who is sound asleep. unconsciously he reaches towards her face and lightly brushes his finger up and down her ebony skin. She slightly stirs causing him to pull his hand away but once she stops he immediately puts his hand back, cautiously watching just in case she wakes up. 

Running his hand up and down her face then carefully over her chest he stops at her belly button.

"What are you doing Bastien don't be an idiot" He silently whispers to himself. He knows it's wrong to touch someone without their consent never mind his sleeping stepsister, but he can't help himself she looks so cute.

His fingers slide down her soft flat belly and down to the hem of her loose pajama pants. He glances up at her face then down to his hand. 

Don't be a fucking pervert stop now!  He has an internal battle with himself knowing that this is going too far. Bastien is so deep in his thoughts that he doesn't notice Bethany's wake.

Once her eyes open she takes in the sight of Bastien then looks down his arm to where his had is.

"Ahhhhh" She screams and Bastien immediately jumps off the bed. He raises his hands up and quickly backs away "I'm s-so sorry".  Without another word his rushes out of the room slamming the door behind him.

Bethany sits there shaken.

What the hell just happened?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahh what a beautiful day the birds are chirping the weather is nice and I made you guys a great stack of pancakes, we've got chocolate and blueberry with maple syrup" Fiona smiles and her white teeth gleam. Everyone takes a seat at the kitchen table and digs in.

"So I'd like to apologize for ruining yesterdays dinner, I was having a bit of an issue but thanks to my lovely wife and a skype call with dr. Hertz, I'm feeling much better about myself so I'd like to make a toast to this new family and our new lives." 

Fred lifts up his glass filled with champagne and clinks it with Fiona's.

Oh, god drinking at 10 a.m in the morning can never be a good sign. Bethany thinks.

After breakfast, Bethany freshens up and chooses her outfit for the day. She eventually decides on her light blue short overalls with a black tee-shirt to wear under it.

When she walks out of the bathroom she bumps into of course Bastien.

He stands there nervously and asks her to step outside. When they walk outside onto the porch he fidgets nervously.

"So about the incident this morning, I-I'm so sorry but... I just couldn't help myself you looked really cute and I guess the effects of the weed are still in my system because I was not thinking straight" Bastien rambles on and on until he finally pauses.

"Look I just don't want it to be awkward between us okay so my apologies I hope you can forgive me for my actions" He looks up at her with his blue eyes, a strand of black hair flops in front of his face while he looks at her with a puppy stare.

Bethany's heart rate speeds up at this moment she feels extremely embarrassed yet happy that someone like Bastein finds her cute. Nodding her head she whispers out a quite I forgive you and walks back inside.

Bastien blows out a huge sigh of relief once she walks back into the cottage. He thinks about his excuse blaming it on the weed when he knows the truth, he knows he did it because he wanted to and it disturbs him that he didn't feel guilty for molesting her in her sleep, in fact, it turned him on.