Chapter 8

The door slams behind them while they enter the dark cottage. Tears run down Bethany's face while she rushes to her room. Bastien follows closely behind trying not to trip over anything.

She collapses on her bed in tears. She was holding them back the whole drive home but finally, they've made their way to the surface. Her cries are muffled in her pillow as soaks up her hot teas.

Bastien stands there not knowing how to comfort the sad girl. After a few seconds of watching her breakdown, he finally takes a seat next to her and lays his hand on her shoulder.

 Bethay looks up with red eyes. Tears stain her ebony skin and her face is contorted into a melancholy expression. 

She finally sits up and wipes away her tears. Bastien pulls her in closer while he wraps his arm around her shoulder.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jeremiah is the reason why I'm like this, so closed off... he used to follow me, no stalk me. My mother and I have been coming to the cottage since I was 5 and we got to know his family" 

Bethany pauses and inhales deeply.

"We got along at first but when I turned 14 he started to touch me. They'd come over to hang out and I'd be with Jeremiah. Whenever he touched me I felt sick. I tried telling him but nothing would come out, It's like I couldn't speak. The truth is I'm afraid of him and I'm afraid to tell anyone, well until now" 

Bethany looks up at Bastien. The boy has empathy written all over his face. He doesn't speak just hugs her tighter. They soon lay down next to each other on the bed. All that can be heard is their breathing. Bastien gets up and stretches,he picks up his phone and checks the time.

"It's 12:20 a.m I'm gonna go sleep now" Bethany sits up and rubs her eyes.

"Wait could you stay please?" She looks down in embarrassment.

He nods pulling off his shirt then his pants leaving him on his boxers. Heat immediately rises to Bethany's face as she takes in Bastien's lean body. He skin is milky white and he has a lean thin swimmers body. She heads to her drawer and pulls out her pj's. 

Bastie get's the signal and turns around so she could change. Once she's done they both slide under the covers on the bed. Bethany's heart is beating so loudly she wonders if he can hear it.

His bare chest is pressed against her back while his arm is limply hanging over her torso. Bastien is out cold but Bethany's thoughts keep her up.

As the boy sleeps soundly Bethany stares blankly out the window. I can't believe I told him all that, and nevermind asking him to stay?! What's wrong with me ... but I like it how he's so close to me right now, he's so warm and he smells good.

Soon she begins to doze off and before she knows it she's out like a light.