Chapter Seventeen ~ Surveillance

Thanks to officialmiso  for the fan made cover above 💖

Comment of Chapter Sixteen: phantomchan, yes you can have a character spirit animal ❤️

A lil note: there were so many song suggestions and I am TERRIBLE with decisions so I changed the format of the playlist

A lil note: there were so many song suggestions and I am TERRIBLE with decisions so I changed the format of the playlist. Now, the reader made playlist is the inline comments on the graphic, but because its been updated all the existing songs have disappeared. TLDR: if you want to suggest a song for TBS playlist, go back to the second part of the story and add it in!

Ah, guys, I love this chapter. And it's gonna answer more of your questions! ONE MORE THING: Want a double update? if this chapter makes 300 comments I'll release chapter 18 early 😉

[but please note, irrelevant/repetitive spam comments will get deleted]

Friday night turned to Saturday morning which turned into a day nestled between Felix's sheets

Friday night turned to Saturday morning which turned into a day nestled between Felix's sheets. There was no class or phone calls to interrupt us this time—in fact, I was pretty sure both of our phones were still downstairs—instead our only focus was each other and the sound of rain pattering on the roof. My fingers traveled down Felix's jaw, my thumb softly tracing his lip before kissing him again.

"I'm glad you stayed last night," he murmured, a huskiness to his voice from sleep. Even though I was hungover, I still felt euphoric as I nestled into his chest again, a smile on my face.

"Me too."

"You don't think we're rushing things by doing this again?"

The tightness in my stomach that had started to build after Penelope's blackmail twisted. "I wish it were that simple."

"Who hurt you, Preston?" he joked, rolling over so I had to face him again. I screwed up my nose.

He knew half of the answer. My family. But he didn't know that I was trying to keep my distance so I didn't hurt him. Trying. It was so selfish that I was here, clinging to this tranquility so I didn't have to worry about all the other stuff tearing my heart apart.