3. Working

BECA

"So Beca, about this new album," the reporter asked. After finishing most of the recording I started doing press. Chloe always came with me. We sat at a coffee shop with a reporter for a music blog.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"What can we expect to hear? What are we in store for?"

"Well, you're in for a hell of a story."

"There are rumors that this album is unlike your others. Any comment?"

"It's uh definitely different," I said glancing at Chloe. She squeezed my hand under the table. She knew I was nervous over this album After the interview, we headed off to go pick up a couple of Bellas who were in town. I had written this one song and I felt like it needed some Bellas flair. We picked up Stacey, Emily, and Flo. It was great to see them again. We went to the studio to work on the recording. I had Stacey, Emily, Flo, and Aubrey in one booth and Chloe in another. I gave them the thumbs up asking if they were ready to start. They nodded in response. I pulled on my headphones and pressed play. I stood so everyone could see me so I could cue them.

"Come hang out cuz you're missing a lot. You haven't gone that far. You can find a real job. And come hang out, we can save you a shot." the Bellas sang. Chloe added an echo layer. My voice was the one in the verse and bridge. Emily knocked on the window to get my attention.

I pressed the intercom button. "What's up?"

"Did you really write this?"

"Yeah."

CHLOE

I loved watching Beca work. The way her eyes changed when she was working. The way she led us. She was strong here. She knew she was safe. She needed that safety. I didn't know what happened in the woods in Ohio or what happened with Jamie, but I knew that it hurt her. And then with her mother's death... she became someone else. She was small and that was how she felt. But looking at her here in her element, doing what she loved... she was larger than life. After recording the Bellas went out to dinner. Beca and I just picked up some burgers and headed home. As we sat at the table, well I sat at the table Beca sat on the counter, Beca picked at her burger not really eating it.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Do you feel like were staying stationary?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean our friends are all moving ahead in their careers, others are getting married..."

"Just because Benji finally proposed to Emily doesn't mean we're falling behind or anything."

"It's not just that. It's just... nevermind. It doesn't matter."

"Hey," I said. I set down my food and sat on the counter next to her. "If it matters to you it matters to me."

"Everyone is moving on. Moving forward. Even you keep moving forward."

"YOu're moving forward too. Just watching you today, I can see it. You're starting to put everything behind you."

She nodded. I could tell that she was tired of having that conversation. I just wished there was something I could do to help her. 

*AUTHOR'S NOTE* 

Sorry for the hiatus and suuuuper short chapter. I hope everyone had a good summer. I'm working on getting back into my writing. You should see a new chapter by the end  of the week. 

Make Good Choices!