12 | New Horizons

1714 CE

The dusty boat floats at the dock without a light to be seen. As the four men head below deck into the darkness of the unknown, the Beacon Hills pack watch the shadows move.

"They're all dead," Kira says with a grimace. "All of them."

"Yeah, because they're idiots," Malia replies.

"Where the hell is everyone?" One of the men asks, calling out to the other three men.

Another man scoffs. "Deserted, which makes everything in the hull legally forfeit." He snickers as he runs his hand over the barrels of alcohol. "Take what suits you." His eyes find two old coffins in the middle of the hold. "What do you make of that? Open it up."

The other two men carefully come up to one of the coffins and pry it open. "What the hell?" The first man gasps as a grey Kol appears within the padded casket.

With a whoosh of wind, the two men standing by the coffins disappear.

With wide eyes, one of the remaining men runs towards the ladder back up to the surface, but something drags him upwards, ignoring his scream.

With a shout falling from his lips, the last man stumbles back into a warm body.

"Hello," a feminine voice says.

The man turns to face two beautiful blondes staring at him with wide smiles. "Lovely to see such a handsome face after a long journey," Rebekah says.

Walking over to the open coffin, Lexi closes it gently. "But, I don't think it wise that you disturbed dear Kol," she says with a frown.

Rebekah walks over to the other side of the bewildered man. "Can I eat him, brother?"

Walking out of the shadows, Elijah shakes his head, "I'd rather you didn't." Elijah smiles at the man as he places a hand on his shoulder. "There's no need to be afraid. You'll do exactly as I say. You'll remember nothing."

As the man repeats Elijah's words softly, Lexi rolls her eyes and walks up to her brother.

"We've had a very long journey. Wherein which we, unfortunately, lost most of our crew," she says.

"Therefore, I will ask that you kindly transport our belongings to shore," Elijah adds.

"What kind of hell demons are you?" The man whispers as he begins to shake.

"We're vampires, darling," Rebekah replies. "The Original vampires. Rebekah." She points to her sister. "Lexi. Elijah, our brothers Kol and Finn—"

"May they rest in peace," Lexi says, running her hand over the wooden coffins.

"Are we saving best for last?" Klaus' voice echoes in the boat.

Grimacing playfully, Lexi says, "And our half-brother, Niklaus." She turns to see Klaus holding the bloodied body of the man's friend.

"Ignore him," Rebekah says, "He's a beast."

The body drops from his grasp as he chuckles. "We fled Europe and survived the seas. Would you rather I arrive hungry on the shores of our new homeland?"

Rolling his eyes, Elijah says, "Niklaus, your manners are, as always, without equal." With a deep sigh, Elijah looks back at the lone human. "Sir, would you be so good as to tell us where it is that we have landed?"

"The French colony of Louisiana off the shores of a town they've named New Orleans."

Lexi races out of the hull to the surface of the boat with a giddiness to her step. As she gazes out at the city surrounded by glistening water, a smile breaks out over her lips. "Hello, New Orleans," she says with a content sigh. "So happy to finally meet you."

—|—|—|—

1790's CE

A billowing black cloak follows in her wake as she enters the wooden cabin covered in snow and surrounded by trees. She sneers at the closest branches, trying to stay as far away from them as possible. The snow littering the soil crunches under her boots as she steps up to the door.

"Henri!" She calls, her usual accent replaced with a thick french one. "Let me in."

The wooden door opens to reveal a tried man, his eyes red with sleeplessness. "Lexi," he greets with a raised eyebrow. "Come in."

Lexi rolls her eyes as she steps into the cabin cautiously. Weapons cover the walls with a wolf's head mounted above the lit fireplace; she takes her hood off of her face as she kneels before the fire, warming her tingling hands against the warm flames. "Is she here yet?" Lexi asks, glancing back at Henri.

Another knock at the door answers her. "Now she is," Henri replies as he opens the door to reveal another woman hidden behind a dark cloak.

As she steps into the cabin, Lexi gets to her feet and schools her expression to neutrality. Her slightly pursed lips and narrowed eyes watch as the woman takes off her cloak and presses a soft kiss to Henri's cheek. "You sure took your time," Lexi says.

The woman raises an eyebrow in the blonde's direction. "Someone is in a bad mood," she replies. "Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"

After a moment of staring, both women break into smiles. "Marie-Jeanne, you are positively glowing!" Lexi exclaims with open arms.

"It's good to see you, Lexi," the woman says as she hugs the Original Alpha. "I hate that we never see each other anymore."

As the woman pulls back, the Beacon Hills pack gets a look at her cutting jaw-line and soft brown eyes. "Allison?" Scott breathes as the persistent ache in his chest worsens.

"It's not Allison," Peter replies, almost snapping at the teen. "It's her ancestor. I guess they look the same."

Lydia's eyes flash with recognition. "Marie-Jeanne," she whispers to herself. "I know that name. Allison mentioned her once, I think."

"The Beast," Stiles replies with sagged shoulders. "She kills the Beast. I do my research."

"We don't have much time," Lexi says, her eyes widening as she glances at the quickly setting sun. Shadows creep into the small cabin, outlining the rowan trees guarding it. "Your brother expects me in an hour."

Marie-Jeanne shivers suddenly and purses her lips. Crossing her arms, she says, "I hate this situation."

Lexi frowns. "Do you mean that your beloved brother is La Bête, or that I must seduce him to keep an eye on him?"

The woman shivers once more with a sneer marring her youthful face. "Both."

"Well, we are quite lucky my brothers are preoccupied with becoming kings of New Orleans. They would kill him without a second thought." Lexi's eyes find a table full of documents and weapons. She picks up a few of the papers, sifting through the words. "Are these all of the documents?"

"Yes," Henri says. "All I could find."

"All that's left is to kill him," Marie-Jeanne says, her voice cracking. "Sebastien must die."

Lexi walks back to the fireplace, pressing her bare hand against the wood; a compartment opens, revealing a long spear without a top and a large arrowhead made of steel beside it. She hands the top to Henri as she weighs the long stick in her hands. "First, we must make the weapon. Tonight, under the full moon, I will return. We will end La Bête for good, and no one will ever remember him for the man he was. Damnatio memoriae."

I combined these two for no reason. I just felt like it. Hope you enjoyed!

-L