16 | Hunters

1979

The club pulses with energy. With sweat hanging in the air, people grind against each other to the beat of the music. No one notices as people enter or leave, only themselves.

"You think you can control yourself for twenty minutes?" Lexi's voice somehow reaches the packs' ears through the rest of the noise. "Vivian, can you hear me?"

At the bar, Lexi stands beside a tall brunette who sips a drink and glances around at the multitude of people surrounding them. Her nervous brown eyes bounce from couple to couple and back to her drink. "I can handle myself," she says, licking her dry lips.

Lexi raises an eyebrow. "Can you? Or are you saying that for my benefit?"

Vivian sighs, turning to face her friend. "I'll be fine, sire."

Scoffing, Lexi shakes her head. "First, we talked about that title. Second, don't blame me for being worried. You're the last person I've turned in the past century. I have no one else."

"Just the pack," Vivian replies, with surprisingly no bitterness.

"And me." The two girls turn to see Elijah sauntering up to them with a buff man behind him. "Don't forget your favorite brother."

"I haven't seen Kol anywhere," Lexi quips with a smile growing on her face. "Have you?"

Elijah clutches his chest as if she had shot him. "You wound me, sister," he exclaims. "But we should get going if we are to get to our meeting."

Lexi's expression drops as she glances at the other man. She jumps off of her seat before she turns to Vivian. With a wink at the man, she presses her lips against Vivian's in a long, passionate kiss, letting her hands wander over the girl's body. Pulling away, Lexi breathes, "Catch you later, darling."

Vivian winks as Lexi and Elijah follow the burly man through the crowd to the backroom. The moment the pack sees who waits for them, Peter exclaims, "Oh, hell no. Not him again!"

"Why can't we ever seem to get rid of the little roach!" Stiles yells, throwing his hands in the air. Lydia sends him a glare. "What? I hate him."

"Mr. and Mrs. Argent," Elijah greet, shaking the man's and woman's hands respectively. The man smiles with a glint of chaos in his eyes; the woman holds no warmth in her expression.

"Please," the man waves his hand after shaking Lexi's. "I am Gerard. This is my wife, Tina."

"Amy and Anthony Brown," Lexi says, a forced smile spreading over her lips as they all sit on the couches no doubt stained with unknown substances. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Let's get down to business, shall we?" Tina asks, her back straight and her hands folded over her crossed legs. "Vampires and werewolves have moved into our neighborhood."

Elijah and Lexi exchange a worried glance. Leaning forward, Elijah asks, "Do you have proof?"

Gerard reaches into his coat pocket, producing numerous newspaper articles. Each one details a different death in the past six months. Sometimes, they are circled in red or blue ink. "See for yourselves."

Gently, Lexi picks up the two articles on top. She does not have to read them to know what they say. "Horrific," she whispers to herself, pursing her lips tightly.

"We are asking for a small donation to our cause," Tina says, watching the two closely. "We need more money and more weapons than we have in order to put these monsters down for good."

"How will you know which are the innocent ones?" Lexi asks. "I know your code."

"Well, the wolves have an easy tell," Gerard says, leaning back against the couch. "And all vampires are anything but innocent."