32 | He Found Me

Derek finds himself next to the rest of his pack, each confused and concerned. Despite the growing worry, Derek finds himself narrowing his eyes at the high school in front of him.

"I guess Lexi's spell didn't work," Stiles sighs. "We can still all see everything."

"It worked," Peter replies. "I saw something. I'm damn sure Derek did to."

"What? Why?" Stiles whiny voice echoes in Derek's ears. "How come you got to see stuff?"

Deadpanning, Derek glancing back at him. "They're our memories, dumbass. Now shut up before I rip your throat out." Looking back at the school, Derek feels Peter's eyes on him. "I don't have a good feeling about this," Derek says. "It feels...important."

Peter nods. "Something bad is happening."

"Maybe it has to do with Harris," Lydia says as she examines her nails. "He's always been bad for this school."

Stiles watches as the girl picks at her perfect manicure, her eyes darting across the school. "Lydia, what is it?" He asks.

She moves her gaze away. "Nothing."

Scott glances down at her. "Do you feel something?"

Lydia bites down on her tongue.

The roar of an engine reaches their ears as a woman parks before the school. With a large cellphone pressed against her ear, Lexi's panicked eyes dart all over the school. "I'll get the kids out of school," she says as she steps out of the dark Camaro. "I'm already at the high school."

Pausing, she tries to catch her breath, fumbling with the keys in her hands. "I know what she said, Tali," Lexi says. "He found me, and he killed Martha. We have to do this."

She puts the phone away before she waves a hand in front of her face: her once delicate features are replaced with harsh ones; her hair turns red as she puts sunglasses on over her now brown eyes. A completely different person walks into the school.

"Ok, she's scared," Malia says. "It stinks."

"Who found her?" Kira asks, glancing between Scott and the Hales, both of which had gone very still. "Who is it?"

"Who do you think?" Peter asks, failing to keep his voice free of the fear coating his mind. "Only one person would get her so terrified."

Lexi's dangerous facade steps out of the building, holding the door open for Derek and Laura. The girl walks over to the car instantly while the boy refuses. "Who are you?" Derek asks as Lexi opens the driver's door. "I'm not going anywhere until one of you explains what the hell is going on!"

"Derek!" Lexi shouts. The red hair disappears; her features return to normal. "Get your ass in the car before I throw you in," she says, her voice lower than he had ever heard. "I don't care that you hate me. Get in the fucking car. We need to get Cora."

Derek glances at his sister before he climbs into the back of the car. "What's going on?" He asks, knowing he will not get a response.

"Is it him?" Laura asks as Lexi starts the car.

The blonde does not answer.

The scene morphs: the pack finds themselves before the Hale house as Lexi parks the full car. The three Hale siblings clamber out as Talia waits on the porch—she directs the two youngest inside without room for argument. Once she is sure they are gone, she turns to Lexi.

The blonde has yet to take off her sunglasses, her body perfectly straight. Laura attempts to hide her sniffles but fails as hot tears leak from her eyes. "I don't want to do this," Laura whimpers as she looks between her mother and Lexi.