VOLCANO MAN -2 (End)

"Kongpob, take this."

Kongpob looked up towards his friend and sighed.

Kongpob shook his head, he pushed away his friend's hand which held a bundle of money.

"No Aim, I don't need this. I'm working and I earn money now. I don't need it now."

Aim raised an eyebrow at his friend and chuckled.

"Once you were begging to help you and now you don't need my help anymore. You changed, Kong," Aim's words made Kongpob gasp.

"No, Aim. No. Who said I changed? I'm the same Kongpob you met years back, Aim. And how much will I trouble you? I can't depend on you for all my life," a small smile spread on Kongpob's lips.

Aim sighed and pocketed the money in his hands, he knows if Kongpob makes a decision, he will stick on to it forever.

"You are not the same Kong I met. You changed after Ayna's...." Aim couldn't help to say that word again when he saw Kongpob's expression change.

"I'm sorry, Kong."

Kongpob laughed, Aim could feel the hurt through that laugh and it hurt him seeing his friend weak.

"It's okay, Aim. It's not mine or your fault that she is gone from me. She suffered so much Aim, God might have thought it's time to end her suffering."

Aim saw how tears whelmed up in Kongpob's eyes. It has always been like this. Whenever anyone spoke about Ayna, Kongpob's eyes would fill up with water.

"Hey, what about your date? It is today right?" Aim asked excitedly, trying to change the gloomy atmosphere around them.

Kongpob scratched the back of his neck, laughing awkwardly.

"Ummm...yes, at 5pm. We will meet at the cafe I work, after my schedule," Kongpob replied.

"Oh Kong, at least for this day can't you take a day off? Aim asked as he shook his head in disbelief.

Kongpob rolled his eyes as he sat on the sofa at his friend's room.

"Really, Kong? You will be already sweaty with after work. I don't think you will have the time to change after work. It's your date, Kong. You should be more handsome that day!"

Kongpob looked at his friend, annoyed.

"If someone loves me, let them love the real me. If they are the ones who will live with me till the day I take my last breath, why should I dress up neatly and be extra cautious about my getup? One day or other that person will see the worst form of myself."

Aim raised his hands, surrendering before his best friend.

"I'm not good in philosophy as you. Do what you think is best."

Kongpob smiled and nodded his head before he got up from the sofa and took the orange hat with a label of 'Karin café' on it and wore it on his head.

"I will go now, it's already late. I only came here to check how your fever is and I ended up having a long talk with you. Get well soon, see you Aim."

Aim nodded his head at his friend.

"Best of luck for your date, buddy! Don't forget to show that lucky guy's photo!" Aim shouted as Kongpob opened the door to move outside his room.

Kongpob laughed and raised his thumbs up before he left the room.

*********

"Kongpob, please go and take the order for table 6, I'm a little busy!"

Kongpob groaned as his friend, Oak, pushed him forward to the said table, handing him the notepad to write down the order.